Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a CM with the optional fold up bench seat in the front. What do I hate about it? The terribly oversized cup holders in the center console. So here is a $13 fix to make my coffee mug happy.

1. Buy two 3" X 3" Flexible Couplings in the plumbing section of Home Depot.

2. Remove the two clamps that come installed.

3. Push the coupling down flush into the cup holder with the writing side up. Then use a sharpie to draw a line flush around the coupling and console.

4. Use a razor to cut along your line and discard the excess coupling.

5. Reinsert and align the coupling with the cut side down into the console and enjoy!

...HTTR!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
great ******* ingenuity, when i first looked i was like here we go, but in the end it turned out great. i deal with that [email protected] every morning. going to our parts guy right now for a couple 3" couplers.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
great ******* ingenuity, when i first looked i was like here we go, but in the end it turned out great. i deal with that [email protected] every morning. going to our parts guy right now for a couple 3" couplers.

Taco, I'm well versed in ******* ingenuity living here in the middle of the ******* riviera!! I'm glad I could help. Although, I may mod this again and do the back holder with a coupling better suited for a coke or water bottle.

·
Registered
237 Posts
That rocks! My home brew coffee in m; "drive to wor" cup has spilled all over the arm rest so many times.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Smh... I wish my '16 had the oversized CH of my '07.... had to replace all my Nalgene 32oz bottles...... that's a mod I want to see... bigger CH on '14 and up.

·
"Resident Liberal"
12,237 Posts
I enjoy cleaning my truck so I just put my big Yeti in there and have it slosh the first 1/5 of the cup all over the console. Gives me something to do when I can't sleep.

·
Registered
668 Posts
As I got to the first picture on the OP's post, I thought, "This may be dumb." Then I finished the post, and remembered how my tall cup of Wawa coffee shot out all over when I took a normal right turn. It wasn't even a fast turn. Then I remembered how every time I turn, I have to hold the cup, and cover the little spout with a finger. Then I thought about the dumb design of the cup holders. Then I decided that the next time I'm at Home Depot, I'm going to give this a try.

Reactions: Powertechn2

·
Registered
14,224 Posts
As I got to the first picture on the OP's post, I thought, "This may be dumb." Then I finished the post, and remembered how my tall cup of Wawa coffee shot out all over when I took a normal right turn. It wasn't even a fast turn. Then I remembered how every time I turn, I have to hold the cup, and cover the little spout with a finger. Then I thought about the dumb design of the cup holders. Then I decided that the next time I'm at Home Depot, I'm going to give this a try.
My exact same thoughts.

I drink a lot of water. I hate how the cup holders are goofy sized and don't have the rubber inserts anymore.

Bottles just move around. I have a Yeti cup, but I don't use it. I should I guess.

I have just been using the door holder instead, because at least there it isn't as noticeable when it moves around.

I might have to do this.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

·
Premium Member
8,115 Posts
AND you get a bonus of 4 spare hose clamps in the toolbox...Nice Job.

You could always put some silicone on the outside of it if it kept pulling out. Maybe leave one alone in case paul bunyon brought his coffee mug one day so you could pull it out.

·
Registered
668 Posts
This has moved to the top of my list of things to do to the truck. I can't take normal auto cups sloshing around anymore!

Reactions: DaveKP1313
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.