1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
Here is what I have
2017 Crewmax 5.7 SR5 about 4300 miles.
When I drive along doing 40mph and holding the speed steady, the RPM’s drop to around 1100/1200. I get a humming noise that is loud and drives me nuts. Other people have commented on it. The passenger side is not as loud... but still noticeable. When it happens I can feel the vibration on the center counsel with my hand on the top of the counsel.

I have took it in twice, the first time at around 800 miles and the tech told me to drive it more and see what happens. I took it back in at 3700 miles and that tech told me he thinks it’s just engine noise. Hook it up to a machine and said no codes show a problem.

I have not talked to the service manager yet. I was looking to find if anyone had similar issues so when I talk to the service manager I can ask for more specific tests.

Thanks for your help

·
Registered
127 Posts
Sounds almost like a lagging engine with that low rpm....try manually shifting to a lower gear, that should solve it...but yea I’ll go with the exhaust drone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Mr. Creosote
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.