Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at getting wheel spacers for my truck. Back and forth on which size. Looking to be about flush with the edge of the fender. I'm running the stock steel wheels with 275/70/18 Good year duratracs. Anybody have any pics running similar set up?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks. I'm probably going to go with the 1.5's but just wanted to make sure I was going to be out more than 1/2-3/4 of an inch. I dontmkind if they are sticking out a little, but in PA the tread cannot be sticking out at all. Saw a guy in another thread had the 1.25" and they were right at the edge of the fenders. But not knowing what size tires he had its a little tough to judge what size spacers...

·
Premium Member
267 Posts
Thanks. I'm probably going to go with the 1.5's but just wanted to make sure I was going to be out more than 1/2-3/4 of an inch. I dontmkind if they are sticking out a little, but in PA the tread cannot be sticking out at all. Saw a guy in another thread had the 1.25" and they were right at the edge of the fenders. But not knowing what size tires he had its a little tough to judge what size spacers...
With the 1.25" spacers $y tires stick out a touch - I am on the 20's. 1.5" would prove to stick out to much for my taste at least with my stock set-up.

·
Registered
625 Posts
I'm also lookin at replacing my tires soon and wanting to do the 275/70/18's. I will be keeping my stock SR5 18's on there. Is there any specific place you guys recommend getting the spacers?? Thx!

Chris

·
Premium Member
267 Posts
I'm also lookin at replacing my tires soon and wanting to do the 275/70/18's. I will be keeping my stock SR5 18's on there. Is there any specific place you guys recommend getting the spacers?? Thx!

Chris
See the link to my thread above - Fred sells the best spacers available for our Tundras - all billet aluminum, perect fitment, zero vibration.

·
Registered
625 Posts
So i'm thinking of a couple setups; i'm gonna be doing a 2.5" front end leveling kit with in the next month. And i'm still deciding on a size of tire. I would like to either run a 275/70/18 or a 285/65/18. I like the Falken Rocky Mountain ATS. And I'm pretty set on a 1.5" wheel spacer. The tires would be on my stock SR5 alloy 18" wheel. I have the double cab as well. Sound good either way??

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sounds like it will be about the same set up I am going with. I have the Rough Country 3/1.5 paired with 275/70/18 on the steel wheels. And right now I am probably going to go 1.5" just gotta wait to get the money first. Hopefully next week when I get paid I will be good to go

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
8,147 Posts
Here is a quick calculation:

With 1.5 inch spacer on stock wheel (60 mm offset), the wheel will have the effective offset of about 22 mm. But since the stock wheel is only 8 inches wide, it will stick out as far as 35 mm wheel that is 9 inches wide.

Now remember that 18 mm wheel (9 inches wide) will sit just about flush with fender. So the above set up will sit about 0.7 inches tucked in inside the fender. But your tire is 275 mm (10.8 in) wide, half of which will push the tire out. So in sum the tires will stick out a little over 1/2 inch out of the fender.

Reactions: Danny Pratt

·
Registered
625 Posts
so basically I can either do a 1.25" spacer with the 275/70/18 and sit flush or do the 1.5" spacer with the same tire and stick out just barely?

·
Registered
8,147 Posts
so basically I can either do a 1.25" spacer with the 275/70/18 and sit flush or do the 1.5" spacer with the same tire and stick out just barely?
Just about. 1.25" will look pretty much flush with 275 (less than 1/2 inch outside the fender).

Reactions: ilyk2ski
1 - 14 of 14 Posts