Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1.2 billion!!!

Toyota just agreed to pay over the Unintended Acceleration issue. Eric Holder the head lying bastard of the Dept of InJustice, seems pleased with the results.

I can't wait for the fines GM will pay over the cover up of their miscreant deeds ten years ago. Oh wait...the Govt never fines it'self.

·
Registered
7,071 Posts
Wait paying out 1.2billion for what? There never was a problem with any of the Toyota vehicles. I recall somewhere that it was shown the problem was driver error in all of those cases...that includes the idiots who actually had their accelerator get stuck because they had 2-3 floor mats piled up under the accelerator. There never was a problem with the accelerators to begin with.

OK, well it is tax season so maybe Toyota is just using it as a tax deductible donation.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They went after Toyota for perceived cover up of the non-issue. Reality has nothing to do with this fine. Toyota is simply paying the bill to get forgiveness from those who lying deceptions dwarf anything any private corporation has ever devised.

·
Registered
5,118 Posts
It seems like bullshit, but is in a way illustrative of the types of companies we're dealing with.

One company values its reputation and customer loyalty over fighting a protracted and public legal battle.

The other values pennies saved by covering up a defect over its customers' satisfaction.

·
Registered
768 Posts
What a coincidence, the timing of this news...just as GM is getting exposed big time :scratchhead:
This

Maybe I'm wrong but didn't the whole stuck gas pedal issue come up just as Detroit was beginning to crumble and needed a shot in the arm?

De Ja Vu.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Honestly, I wish they would have fought I'm no Toyota apologist, but right is right. This shit is going to bug me for awhile.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I saw that Toyota is working on a flash update for the Tundra to cut fuel if the brake is applied for more than 1/2 second after the throttle is applied. I know I won't have the update to my truck, I doubt many will.

·
Registered
5,118 Posts
I will have to preemptively tell my dealership not to do it. They have done one of these gas pedal related things to my truck before without telling me ahead of time.

·
Trans-Immigrant
15,629 Posts
I saw that Toyota is working on a flash update for the Tundra to cut fuel if the brake is applied for more than 1/2 second after the throttle is applied. I know I won't have the update to my truck, I doubt many will.
so then we wont be able to do burnouts?

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'm guessing that will be the case,there might be a way to shut it off in order to do transmission diagnostics. To me it's a fix for something that's not broken in the first place.

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
Toyota expanded the recall to now include my wife's 2005 4Runner. I just file the notices away, and WILL NOT get this done. It had already been done to my`07 Tundra before I got it, and it was very tough to drive until I replaced the accelerator at my own expense.

I don't see myself ever having to take the 4Runner in to the dealer, but if I do, they will not be allowed to do the recall.

Reactions: Mickey
1 - 20 of 81 Posts