Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey, my name's Grant. I'm from Cape Breton, Nova Scotia. I bought an 08 Tundra RCSB 5.7 4x4 TRD SR5 in October. Black, 2 seater truck. 6CD changer, 4 speakers.

I like it, but like everyone else I have a to-do list.
  • Upgraded Sound System
  • Leveling Shocks (not a spacer lift)
  • Tires
  • Plastidip anything and everything that shines

On to some pictures I suppose.

The Day I brought it home.

Hoonigan Posing at the rink.

Had a problem with a wheel bearing and ABS Sensors. Had the 4Hi/VSC/ABS/Traction lights on one morning. Took advantage of roadside assistance to get it to the dealer ;)

· Premium Member
18,382 Posts
Welcome & congrats bro!
I almost bought a RCSB, it was charcoal color.. almost, sooo close.. but the seller was a weirdo & kept screwin around, after 2 weeks i texted him & told him to keep his truck, & bought my DC.. really wanted a RCSB... but am very happy with mine since now i have kids & can take them with me in my truck.....

· Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I love only having 2 seats. I would like a bench more but being a 22 year old bachelor, having 2 seats means I only have room for passengers who are willing to "work" for their spot ;)

Buttt on the otherhand, I've had 5 people in this truck mudding. It wasn't very intense trails or anything, but with all the room behind the seats I managed to get 2 smaller set women in the front with me and 2 behind the seats with my buddy Grant (yes, same name)

Grant drives a 2011? Dodge Ram R/T bucket seat RCSB like my Tundra. But he doesn't have enough room behind his seats for a pair of work boots :p

· Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
B16B Killer :p

Raced my buddy Colin from a 40-50 roll yesterday.
He's running a 99 Civic Coupe with a B16B (JDM Civic Type-R swap)
The car runs flawlessly, but because iForce>VTec the rest of the story writes itself ;)

The car in question. I shot and edited this photo last year, when the Civic Si was still rocking a stock D16. Photography is a hobby I like, hopefully I'll pick up some better equipment this year; this photo was shot with a point n shoot digital camera.

· Registered
68 Posts
Welcome fellow Canadian

Reactions: Mr. Creosote

· Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
I finally got around to updating my stock door speakers. I used Tacotunes HDP spacers, with the connectors. I love the fact I didn't have to cut any wires.
I used Sony Xplods from Canadian Tire. I put 4 Sony Xplod 6x9s in boxes, behind the bench seat of my fathers 74 Ford F100 and for an entry level speaker they work very very well. So I used them in my truck as well.
Anyways. On to the comparison pics of stock vs. $70 speakers per pair.

As you can see the stock speakers couldn't hold down a stack of paper next to a baby blowing out the candles on their birthday cake.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

· Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Subwoofer and enclosure I'm going with are MTX Audio, pretty sure it's a 12". Since I'm Canadian I had to do a series of complicated math to figure out what 30cm is in American.
Ported box. And hopefully a 400watt RMS amplifier. I had a 400watt max amp but I broke an RCA cable in the input the last time I used it in my Mazda 323 GT.
Line out converter is wired down the passenger side, power cable is running down the drivers side, and everything is tucked under the plastic tray behind my seats. Making for a very smooth look. Once I find the amp I want I'll have pics of the finished product. I'll also have dimensions of the box, because it's MASSIVE but I can still fully articulate my two seats. Next step will be sound deadening.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.