Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone try a G-Force performance chip on a 4.7? I heard it was a pain to install. Is this true or bs? I don't care so much about more power, what I would like is more MPG. I'm getting 16.5 hi-way.

·
Registered
7,273 Posts
My hi-way mpg nearly doubled....for a couple weeks. Apparently I didn't really install it correctly, and when I was doing 85mph cruise control, getting 28mpg, the damn truck blew up. Now I'm getting 0mpg, and they want $20k to put a new engine in. I asked G-force for a refund, and they told me to pound sand. I will never do business with that company again.
LOL, serious?

·
Banned
5,396 Posts
My hi-way mpg nearly doubled....for a couple weeks. Apparently I didn't really install it correctly, and when I was doing 85mph cruise control, getting 28mpg, the damn truck blew up. Now I'm getting 0mpg, and they want $20k to put a new engine in. I asked G-force for a refund, and they told me to pound sand. I will never do business with that company again.
I got 99 mpg when i was going downhill or uphill in reverse!!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
"The Antagonizer"
12,046 Posts
G-Force is a fckn joke.. I installed one on my buddys Mustang before he got his built GT and it did NOTHING. Not to mention it fried his ECU and a bunch of other bullcrap. Unfortunately Toyota made our ECU's hard to crack... Diablo finally gave up on trying to crack open the ECU to tune it. Supposibly URD is making a tuner for our trucks that is supposed to hit the market here soon but we will see.. So far all the tuner companies who have tried have given up besides Unichip which is not worth $550..

·
Premium Member
2,009 Posts
Gadget (URD) said the UCON is not going to be made anytime soon, they are having some electrical fit issues.. or something like that..??

Reactions: Mr. Creosote
1 - 6 of 6 Posts