Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
21 - 40 of 43 Posts

· Registered
3,105 Posts

· Registered
341 Posts
the 325 will not fit the only reason the toyo's will fit is because there so narrow, you will need either wheel spacers or new rims to go any wider. the BFG 305/65/18's will also fit on stock rims. if you have 20" stock rims you can run a BFG 285/65/20 which is a 34.7" tall tire and only 11.2" wide.

· Registered
25 Posts
They are 35's. This truck has been discussed many many times on the other forum.

35's will rub with out off-set rims. 305/65 is about the biggest you can run with no rub, but it will require a small trim to the skid plate.
So this truck must have spacers then?... otherwise you are contrdicting yourself. I want to put 35's on mine. Does anyne know how much offset would be needed?

· Registered
2 Posts
lift kit or suspension kit?

I'm thinking of installing a 3" lift kit in the front and 1" lift lit in the back. This is my first 4 wheel drive truck, and from what I have read, the truck ride should stay the same. What's the draw back (if any) of getting a lift kit instead of a suspension lift?

· Registered
341 Posts
depends on what kid you get, if you get something like toytec or revtec it will stiffen the ride slighty in the from due to compressing the springs to fit the spacers. or you could go with something like the Truxx 3" where it sits on top of the coil without compressing it and the ride should remain exactly the same. I suggest staying away from polyurathane spacers has they tend to wear and break quicker.

· Registered
55 Posts
My beig question is how much does the 305 effect your gas milage

Local dealer is putting 305 BFG ATs on their lifted Tundras. They're using the ToyTec 3in leveling kit with the 1in rear block. Not the poly spacer lift, but the aluminum kit that bolts above the strut tower. They say there isn't a milage difference, but they're trying to sell the trucks too.

· Registered
45 Posts
So this truck must have spacers then?... otherwise you are contrdicting yourself. I want to put 35's on mine. Does anyne know how much offset would be needed?
It's not the wheel well where it's rubbing. Spacers are irrelevant.

It's turning the wheel causes the wheel to rub on the skid plate and another spot that I'm not sure the name of the part.

You MUST have off set wheels if you don't want it to RUB. If you don't care if it rubs, then yes, you can put 35's on there.

Hell you could probably put some 40's on there if you don't mind only being able to steer 2 to 4 inches left or right.

· Registered
19 Posts
My 07 Crewmax Ltd came with the 20" rim option...Any ideas as to the largest sized tires I might be able to stuff under it on the original 20" rims without have to do any modifications?

· Registered
351 Posts
Here is a picture of mine on 20" rims with 35" tires....

21 - 40 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.