Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up a tundra a couple months ago and have been having trouble trying to figure out the 4wd system. When I turn the 4wd knob from 2hi to 4hi nothing happens... no blinking light, no noise, nothing on dash, absolutely nothing. Everything I can find involving the 4wd on these truck has at least a blinking 4wdhi indicator light flashing showing that it is at least acknowledging that your attempting to engage 4hi and trying to meet the parameters necessary for engagement. I've attempted engaging while moving, while stopped, in neutral, tried reversing, and still nothing. I'm beginning to wonder if the actual 4wd switch has gone bad or is faulty. Has anyone else expierenced this? Any and all help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

2007 tundra CM SR5 4x4 (93,000mi)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dragos28 It's definitely a 4wd... unless everything underneath is just dummy actuators and transfer case ...which I find hard to believe... I would appreciate some actual help or advice...
Thank you tdjohnson75, I have check the connection as well as the resistance of the switch itself but can't seem to find specs to compare to. Any other ideas??

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Dragos28 It's definitely a 4wd... unless everything underneath is just dummy actuators and transfer case ...which I find hard to believe... I would appreciate some actual help or advice...
Thank you tdjohnson75, I have check the connection as well as the resistance of the switch itself but can't seem to find specs to compare to. Any other ideas??
Fuses and Relays, that's where I would start. Also, get under the truck and make sure the front diff actuator is plugged in and do a voltage test at the plug under there. Same thing with the t-case harness, although I imagine its a bitch to reach.

·
Registered
566 Posts
It sounds to me to be electrical w the switch, I know this sounds dumb but double check all fuses if they are good you have a bad selector switch. You should be able to just replace and be good. If possible I'd see if there is a member close by and try pulling their switch to use for testing . If nothing happens it's the 4wd controller / computer .... and that's a bigger deal. Toyota can get a new one for a few hundred and then program it. But start small and work your way up...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Dragos28

·
Registered
27 Posts
Dragos28 ... I would appreciate some actual help or advice...
He's no good with 'actual help'. The only thing he's good at is keyboard sarcasm. We all take turns
apologising for him.0:)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thank you everyone for the help! Definitely appreciated... All my fuses are good, and switch illuminates when dash lights are on, how could rule out the 4wd control module? I'm looking at a couple right now and getting ready to replace it and cross my fingers... any advice on diagnosing the 4wd control module would be great, thanks again everyone!

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
tech stream might help?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
4wd control module gone bad?

I'm beginning to believe my 4wd control module has gone bad but not sure how to verify this? Any testing or diagnostic procedures? Also if replaced with a used 4wd control module out of a 07-11 tundra will it be compatible or will it need to be reflashed or reprogrammed? Thanks

07 crewmax 4x4 trd

·
Registered
1 Posts
I picked up a tundra a couple months ago and have been having trouble trying to figure out the 4wd system. When I turn the 4wd knob from 2hi to 4hi nothing happens... no blinking light, no noise, nothing on dash, absolutely nothing. Everything I can find involving the 4wd on these truck has at least a blinking 4wdhi indicator light flashing showing that it is at least acknowledging that your attempting to engage 4hi and trying to meet the parameters necessary for engagement. I've attempted engaging while moving, while stopped, in neutral, tried reversing, and still nothing. I'm beginning to wonder if the actual 4wd switch has gone bad or is faulty. Has anyone else expierenced this? Any and all help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

2007 tundra CM SR5 4x4 (93,000mi)
Mine is doing the same thing. I just bought a 2007 5.7L 194,000 miles i need some help 2

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.