Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for suggestions on what size sub(s) and where to mount amp in 07 Crewmax. I like bass but don't like so much that I feel sick. Was looking at doing 2 10" but that would take up all the space behind the back seat, and need a place to mount the amp. Was maybe thinking about 1 12" and mounting amp to side of it. Suggestions? 2 10" and the amp under the back seat? Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

·
Registered
14,224 Posts
On my 2010 I put the amp under the seat (HD900/5), and had 1 13 tw5, then swapped to 2 12" Si Bm MkIV's.

Could have mounted the amp to the rear wall if I really wanted to.

·
Registered
244 Posts
You can fit 2 - 10's and your amp(s) behind the rear seat of a 2007-2013 crewmax. Here's a picture of one of many set ups I played around with when I had my 2009 crewmax. It has 2 JL 10w1's, 2 JL 6W3's (these perform surprisingly well), a 5 channel amp and a 4 channel amp all behind the seat.

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You can fit 2 - 10's and your amp(s) behind the rear seat of a 2007-2013 crewmax. Here's a picture of one of many set ups I played around with when I had my 2009 crewmax. It has 2 JL 10w1's, 2 JL 6W3's (these perform surprisingly well), a 5 channel amp and a 4 channel amp all behind the seat.
Thanks. Bigwheel - was that a ported setup? Cut the carpet and pad out or take the back panel of the interior out? Beautiful.

·
Registered
244 Posts
It was a sealed enclosure with each sub having its own independent compartment. The 10's had ~ 0.59 cubic feet of air space ( sub took up 0.04 ft3 and the remaining 0.55 was the recommended volume for the each 10" sub in a sealed enclosure. The 2 6w3's shared a 0.3 ft3 enclosure)

I did not have to cut the carpet nor did I remove any panels. I did have to make a small notch at the bottom of one panel behind the seat to allow the 0AWG (Zero gauge) power and ground to come through, but, you would never see it. However, I did lose 2 or 3 (can't remember) clicks of the rear seat; but, that back seat is so huge, nobody ever noticed a difference in leg room.

If you leave out the 6w3's you could probably fit the amp(s) either in between two 10's or off to the side if you put the 10's right next to each other.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It was a sealed enclosure with each sub having its own independent compartment. The 10's had ~ 0.59 cubic feet of air space ( sub took up 0.04 ft3 and the remaining 0.55 was the recommended volume for the each 10" sub in a sealed enclosure. The 2 6w3's shared a 0.3 ft3 enclosure)

I did not have to cut the carpet nor did I remove any panels. I did have to make a small notch at the bottom of one panel behind the seat to allow the 0AWG (Zero gauge) power and ground to come through, but, you would never see it. However, I did lose 2 or 3 (can't remember) clicks of the rear seat; but, that back seat is so huge, nobody ever noticed a difference in leg room.

If you leave out the 6w3's you could probably fit the amp(s) either in between two 10's or off to the side if you put the 10's right next to each other.
Thanks, I appreciate all the info.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Nice set up bigwheel.

Has anyone every mounted the amps to the floor? My ported box for 2 JL w10's take up all the room behind the back seat.

·
Registered
14,224 Posts
Nice set up bigwheel.

Has anyone every mounted the amps to the floor? My ported box for 2 JL w10's take up all the room behind the back seat.
As stated above, I mounted my JL HD900/5 to the floor.

·
Registered
14,224 Posts
Do you have any pictures? I have to mount 2 amps. jl rd500/1 and earthquake 120.3.
I do not, I sold that truck a year ago.

I mounted the amp under the center section of the seat. Fit without issues, but the 900/5 is pretty thin.

I pulled it out and fit a Pioneer GM series 75x4 rms amp (forget what model, but it was 75x4 real watts). That was larger, still fit, but didn't mount it. Only swapped to keep my 900/5.

·
Registered
180 Posts
My '05 is 1st Gen, but perhaps you can get some ideas for your '07.

I mounted all my amps on the back wall and placed my subs between the center console and rear seats. To do that, I had to create a custom fiberglass enclosure for my 3 heavy 8's. Took me a long time to do, but the end result is very nice with great SQ.

Here's a few pictures:

All amps are Eclipse brand.

Subs are Elemental Designs E8a. Discontinued now...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.