Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I inherited an 07 Double cab TRD SR5 4x4 with 82,000 and this truck is absolutely amazing. I love driving it and have been doing so happily for a few months. Unfortunately it just doesn't suit my growing family with its 5.7 engine getting 13 mpg on my city commute every day and its a bitch to park in the parking garage at my office. I went to carmax last night to get a quote for trade in and they offered me 15k. I did some checking online and I see a few places listing them for ~20k. Do you guys think 15k is a reasonable price to accept on this or should I go through the hassle of trying to sell it privately?

Even though it didn't cost me anything my father in law who bought the truck new and passed away loved this thing and I don't want to get ripped off just because it doesn't suit our lifestyle. Any advice would be awesome.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Where are you located, and what condition is the truck in? Any dings or scratches? What color exterior and interior? Bench seat or center console?

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am near Baltimore, its in great shape. There are 2 small chips in the paint one has a very small ding (its on the left front fender) the other paint chip is on the hood near the front. There is also a surface scratch on the tailgate. It has chrome steps on the sides that run under both doors and has a chrome brush guard and diamond plate toolbox in the bed as well as a linex bedliner. I think the color is called electric blue and has grey interior with a center console (shifter on the floor not on the steering column) and it does have the tow package. I can take a picture or two when I get home from work if it will help.

·
Registered
507 Posts
With that amount of miles you can get 17 easy.

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
Carmax figures in a 30% markup.
It all depends on whether you want to keep that $4500 or let them pocket it.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Can do way way better than 15k. Pretty much throwing away 4-5k IMO. At least around here

·
Registered
220 Posts
I'd get a second and third and fourth opinion on an offer.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts