Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered a Volant kit from Danny on Thursday of last week. He shipped it same day and I received it today. He's a super nice guy, answered all of my questions I got it for $265.00 shipped. I'm absolutely blown away. None of the audio clips or videos of the Volant do it justice. It sounds amazing. I feel a little more pull in the seat of my pants. I had some trouble getting all of the bolts to line up attaching the tube to the box, but it wasn't that big of a deal. Overall I'm very happy with with my purchase. The parts feel nice, everything works as advertised, and Danny is a pleasure to deal with. If you're thinking about getting a CAI you should consider Volant, you won't be disappointed.

·
F&@k Y'all, I'm from Texas
13,742 Posts
Sounds a lot meaner.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I'm looking forward to this intake. I just got off the phone with Danny, I hope I had pronounced his last name right when I introduced myself, I hate not doing so. He said price was still the same. My truck will be in my hands by the 28th. I have a couple of-duty jobs lined up for this weekend so I will probably make my purchase first thing Monday morning while fishin' lol.....

·
Registered
8 Posts
Does anyone have Danny's # or contact? I am not looking for more noise with the motor, I am looking for more effeciency. how much loder does the Volant make the motor on idel or running vs the AFE?

·
Registered
100 Posts
happy with mine,

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
Does anyone have Danny's # or contact? I am not looking for more noise with the motor, I am looking for more effeciency. how much loder does the Volant make the motor on idel or running vs the AFE?
If you are not looking for noise stay with the stock box. After I installed my aftermarket muffler, dual in dual out magnaflow, I notice a little more power. After I installed the volant, the muffler got louder, but the increase of HP at low RPMs dissapear. The power move to higher rpms. I also bought mine from Dany. I had tought about going back with the stock box, but the Volant look awesome. Don't expect to gain any MPGs either.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I had the open type afe on my 08 4.7l dc and I did not really notice any gains. It was very loud and compared to the 5.7l it didn't go anywhere. I like the sound with the Volant and I think there might be a little gain on acceleration, also if you can keep your foot off it and use the cruise I get pretty good mpg for a 5500lb truck

·
Registered
165 Posts
Are any of you guys old enough to remember flipping the air cleaner lid over on your parents Chevy? Seriously , it sounded way cool but I don't think that it made it a bit faster. I know that I burned gas much quicker because my foot was real heavy to enjoy the sound. I would like to see dyno tests on all of the CAI systems that were conducted by an independent third party. See if your local community college has a dyno in their auto tech shop.I had a CAI system on my 02 Tundra and it sounded cool. The sound is the only reason to buy one of the systems. This is my opinion and others will surely disagree. I am glad that the OP is happy with his purchase. After all it his $ to spend and enjoy.

·
Registered
100 Posts
yeah it pissed my father off when I did that, it was his car and I'd forget to put it back. I thought it sounded great

·
Registered
42 Posts
i might not be that old but i remember doing that not too many years ago when we got our first trucks in highschool , the hiss sound. do you have any pictures of the volant installed

·
Registered
100 Posts
I do not have pics but there are plenty out there, I think there is a nice review on tundra headquarters. good luck

·
F.B.I.
2,016 Posts
I love my volant. That 5.7 growl is deep and loud when you step on it! :drive:

·
"The Antagonizer"
12,046 Posts
Glad you like it! I have one on my 08 5.7 and man it made a huge difference. I can hardly keep my foot off the gas, I love hearing the intake and the different tone of my exhaust.

·
Registered
13,609 Posts
Are any of you guys old enough to remember flipping the air cleaner lid over on your parents Chevy? Seriously , it sounded way cool but I don't think that it made it a bit faster. I know that I burned gas much quicker because my foot was real heavy to enjoy the sound. I would like to see dyno tests on all of the CAI systems that were conducted by an independent third party. See if your local community college has a dyno in their auto tech shop.I had a CAI system on my 02 Tundra and it sounded cool. The sound is the only reason to buy one of the systems. This is my opinion and others will surely disagree. I am glad that the OP is happy with his purchase. After all it his $ to spend and enjoy.
damn. i feel old.

i did this to my own car lol...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts