Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

Votes: 1 100.0%
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I'm in the market for a first gen tundra and came across one in my local market recently that looked pretty promising. I would insert the link but this is my first post so apparently that's not allowed. Here's a few pictures:

$7250 (recently lowered, listing not updated)
1 owner, >200k miles, interior in great shape
V6 3.4L 4WD
New: timing belt, water pump, brakes, thermostat, AC compressor, alternator (more general maintenance recently performed that I'm forgetting)

Sounds like a decent deal right? I thought so too until I went and took a look at the undercarriage

What do you guys think? Too far gone? Would you turn and run away from this thing? Rust never sleeps but I love everything else about this truck.

Thanks!

· Registered
45 Posts
I'm pretty new to the Tundra club. Bought a cherry 2002 a couple years ago. I just scanned my local (Denver area) craigslist for first gens and at first blush it seems there are slightly better deals around here. A Colorado raised vehicle will also mean no rust issues. The folks who have been here a while I'm sure will suggest the frame should be carefully inspected.

· Registered
384 Posts
It looks pretty clean to me. I would have a dealer inspect the frame for rust, but if it looks good, go for it. I mean you don't get much for $7500, especially a good 4WD pickup, and this looks like it is a good solid truck, runs good, everything works, etc, you should get some good miles out of the truck. I know these have a reputation of just running forever.

· Registered
26 Posts
Think it looks good based off the pics. As long as the rusty bits are surface rust and not deep and extensive decay the frame should be good. Regular rust maintenance will go a long way to keep it nice down there.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.