Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 02 Tundra and the battery recently went dead. I recharged the battery and everything appeared to be fine. However, when I got out of the truck and shut the drivers door I noticed that the headlights had not turned off, they were in auto. When I re-opened the drivers door and closed it the headlights went out. This appears to be a problem with the drivers door switch. Has anyone else seen this?

·
Registered
73 Posts
I have an 02 Tundra and the battery recently went dead. I recharged the battery and everything appeared to be fine. However, when I got out of the truck and shut the drivers door I noticed that the headlights had not turned off, they were in auto. When I re-opened the drivers door and closed it the headlights went out. This appears to be a problem with the drivers door switch. Has anyone else seen this?

Yes. It's because you opened the passenger door to get in. And went out via passenger door. The lights will stay on that way.

If you use the driver door the lights go out. It killed my battery to find this out.

Just be careful you don't do this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm gone for a week but when I get back I think I'll get the switch out of the door pillar and see if I can get a little WD40 into it. The other thing I should do is pay attention to see if the interior lights come on when I open the door.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Yes, the interior light was not on when the drivers door was opened. I removed the door switch and it's rubber cover, squirted WD-40 in along side the pin and the problem seems to be cured. The grease on the pin was very dry and that was stopping the switch from making contact.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.