Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

61 - 68 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
Is it known if the "Optitron" gauges can be changed from blue to red? From the reading I've done, red has the least effect on night vision, when I seem to drive the most.

First, Sorry for not going back and reading the thread before asking my question. I've now done so and am guessing that it can be done. I didn't realize that they were surface mount LEDs. Yow! I think that I'm going to leave mine as is though.
as far as I know it can be changed, and red is definitely better for night driving.

My truck is a 2011, the cargo light switch I currently have is off a 2015.
ok
easy enough, should you $7 for the swap plus shipping both ways.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
Recently did a 2016 swap, they have changed a little bit from the 08-13 models, on the cluster the needles now use fiberoptic needles and they share the same led as the faceplate colors, so there are limited options for color changing now unfortunately, the drive motors have to be completely removed from the cluster in order to access the leds.

None the less it turned out awesome!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
Recently did a 2016 swap, they have changed a little bit from the 08-13 models, on the cluster the needles now use fiberoptic needles and they share the same led as the faceplate colors, so there are limited options for color changing now unfortunately, the drive motors have to be completely removed from the cluster in order to access the leds.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
HAVING ISSUES POSTING THE PICTURES, SORRY FOR THE TRIPLE POST.

·
Premium Member
1,318 Posts
Looks good. Was it hard to do the radio?

·
Premium Member
1,318 Posts
I guess it could be worst and be the led on the far left. Lol

61 - 68 of 68 Posts