Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

21 - 40 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
As soon as I figure out how to get all that crap out I'm getting mine done!!! Any tips? How to's?
youtube has lots of helpful videos, if there is anything you get stuck on let me know and ill walk you through it.

Love the blue!! Definitely going to have this done once I get some coin set aside!
im always here and ready.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I would suggest that you pick up some of the gauge clusters from salvage yards, and redo them.

Then you could have an exchange program, which saves the hassle of the customer being "down".

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
So cool! Where in SD are you located? Do you take walk-ins? :)
East county, I have done a few mobile swap overs and could do the same, or meet you at your place, whichever is easier.

I would suggest that you pick up some of the gauge clusters from salvage yards, and redo them.

Then you could have an exchange program, which saves the hassle of the customer being "down".
Ive checked, they want to much, anywhere from $200-400 for a cluster, and since there are different models its not really worth it, I also do Tacoma's, Corolla's, 12-14 Dodge trucks, 06-14 Titan's so its hard to keep clusters for each type of vehicle that is swapped.

·
Registered
188 Posts
man that looks like a nightmare. you must have to solder them in? and ya id love this but mines a daily driver and I cant be without it for a week or more

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
man that looks like a nightmare. you must have to solder them in? and ya id love this but mines a daily driver and I cant be without it for a week or more

You could always do a piece at a time, I have had guys send their whole cluster and drive without one and just used a mobile gps to check speed, once I have everything I usually have it finished within 1 day and shipped. longest wait time is shipping, unless you wanted next day.

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
for regular Tundras 07-13 with the SR5 package it is $250 for the full swap, gauges, climate control, stock radio, all buttons/switches.

for limited tundras 07-13 price is $340 for the full swap, gauges, climate control, stock radio, all buttons/switches. (gauges/climate control are near impossible and require a ton of desoldering/resoldering of connections)

for RockWarrior Tundras 07-13 with the SR5 package it is $260 for the full swap, gauges, climate control, stock radio, all buttons/switches.

Swap takes 4-6 hours of time

07-13 regular/sr5 trucks

Clusters are $75.

Radios are $65.

Climate control is $55.

Buttons/Switches are $7 each.

Swap takes about 6-9 hours of time.

07-13 Limited trucks

Clusters are $115.

Radios are $65.

Climate control is $95.

Buttons/Switches are $7 each.

ALL LEDS ARE LIFETIME WARRANTY (doesn't cover shipping costs)

Hope this helps you guys out.

Pm sent!

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
36 Posts
NO Gauges

So, I can run without gauges, and switches?
Really, they normally throw codes for everything...

Sounds interesting.
I have an aftermarket radio, SR5. Can I pull everything that is to be changed, and still drive the truck?
Thank you.

I've always liked this Mod

·
Registered
125 Posts
I really like the clean look of the white on white

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Do you sell just the proper LED's separately of we would like to tackle the job ourselves?
It is possible, but the real question is are you a medium to expert at soldering?

These are not just average leds and are very small, it is also very easy to rip the circuit board when removing the originals, not trying to be harsh but I would hate to see anyone have to buy a new cluster for that reason.

here are the sizes of just a small handful of the leds needed.

·
Premium Member
200 Posts
Yeah, I have done extensive soldering before. Used to work oj FLIR's for the M! and was responsible for board repair in the field when I worked at Hughes aircraft.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Yeah, I have done extensive soldering before. Used to work oj FLIR's for the M! and was responsible for board repair in the field when I worked at Hughes aircraft.

Ok, I just wanted to make sure, had a guy once try to blame me after I warned him about the struggle and he broke a switch, I was nice enough to fix it for him though.

If you want to do it there are a few things ill need to know first. you might want to send an email over so we can go over all the options.

Email is [email protected]

21 - 40 of 68 Posts