Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Agmatt,

I used the method of telling the dealer that I was going to leave and go to the other dealer in mobile Al and they saw it my, way. Also if you have access to a credit union see what they have for instrest rates. Then beat them down on the price. MSRP on mine was $31832.00 to make a sale they reduced the price to $27650.00 then took the $4000.00 off the price. I got it for aprox $23650.00 it is an 07 tundra double cab with factory tinted windows, TRD package and the bed rails. Plus TTT and since they paid the TTT i am getting 45.00 back from them. and my first payment is not until Mar 08 with an intrest rate of 5.20. BTW my credit was rating score was 750 and the max is 850 -900. Just remember to beat them down on the price. I looked at 5 dealers and the one closest to where i live said "you can not buy this truck for that price. Well i did take my turck back to them and they told me that i could have not gotten that price intell i showed them the paperwork.:eek:

·
Registered
279 Posts
try to go in with a Pre Approved loan but do not tell them u have it. They will try to do the "dance" but do not cave in, just tell the salesman you have to go. If they really want to sell you a truck they will!. ask to speak to the owner or general sales manager if they say no walk away. Again if they want to sell you a truck they will. IMO btw i have bought 6 new cars in 4 yrs.
Also look at edmunds.com to see what other people are buying by your zip code. also ask them about the dealer holdback. they know what it is and then they will know you have done your research.. Dealer hold back is an amount of money that the dealer gets when they sell a certiant amount of vehicles. edmunds.com explains that as well.
ras

·
Registered
279 Posts
forgot to add that dealer hold back comes from the toyota manfacture not the dealer and is most likely paid to the dealer on a quarterly baisis. So it does not come from the dealer directly...

·
Registered
279 Posts
If you can get that deal with the double cab, TRD package take it and run for the hills or BTW the 4000.00 rebaits end in jan 08. Also if any dealer has any 07 stock still in inventory in jan 08 they will most likely have to pay extra tax on two things, one is on the loan that the dealer made with the finance company that they borrowed the funds (no dealer has the amount of funds to purchase the vehicles out right and has to borrow just like every body else. to purchase the trucks from and the other is they will mostlikey have to pay the state taxes on vehicles that they still have in stock. That is why they try to sell them before the new year.

·
Registered
279 Posts
i have been offered a job from three car dealers at three diffrent times and do not want to work 80 hours a week.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Well the best of luck to you and wish you a merry christmas.

ras

·
Registered
279 Posts
Ok what color is the new truck. If you are going to get a bug guard try the EGR® SuperGuard Hood Shields prices vary, so look around, and if you need running boards try Hunter they are one ebay. I will post some pictures after I debadge it, and install the running boards.

Post some pictures.

ras

1 - 7 of 7 Posts