Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
Is there a way to tell about rebates in the ahead of time? I looking to take the leap in Aug or Sept.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Is there a way to tell about rebates in the ahead of time? I looking to take the leap in Aug or Sept.

Unfortunately no.

From what I understand the dealers find out just about the same time that we do....maybe a day ahead. Also, the promos vary by region.

The current 0 % financing is on until July 31st...is that close enough to August? I would jump on it...oh wait...I did :D

I picked up my Crewmax on July 11th and do not make a payment until August 25th....not sure if that helps you.

Additionally, there was zero down. I simply signed my name and drove off the lot; not one penny comes out of my pocket for 45 days.

I see you are in SoCal; I bought mine from Linh at Penske Toyota in Downey. I swear it was the easiest and quickest deal I have ever had with a car salesman. We had previously agreed on the price and he had what I wanted in stock. I called him to let him know I was on my way down and he had all the paperwork ready for me. There was no hard sale on any of the typical add ons (ext. warranty, paint protection, lojack, blah blah blah). I simply said no thanks and he said OK, just sign here. I was in and out in about 20 minutes...most of which was looking over the truck.

Well, good luck in what ever you decide to do.

Dave

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
Congrats on the new truck! I know right where that dealership is. I'll check them out. Maybe we will see each other what color truck did you get? I spend most of my time on the 10 and 710 (for now)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Congrats on the new truck! I know right where that dealership is. I'll check them out. Maybe we will see each other what color truck did you get? I spend most of my time on the 10 and 710 (for now)

I sent you a PM. I don't want to hijack this thread. :)

Dave

·
Registered
21 Posts
I just got mine yesterday and in Nor-cal they were only offering the 0%/60 for the 4.7 crewmax. They were offering the 0%/48 or 1.9%/60 on the 5.7 crewmax. I took the 1.9/60 and was pretty happy with that.

I picked up a CrewMax 5.7, 4WD, SR5, TRD, with bedliner, and a handfull of other options. The sticker was $39k and some change I got it for 34500 at Roseville Toyota. I was pretty happy with that especially because it was the last one I could find in Nor-cal.

·
Registered
48 Posts
^ my dealer says you have to have 680 or better beacon score.

And for a complete dummy on credit ratings...how easy hard is that to achieve?

I no current debt and never have, I have always paid off any bill that month and have never missed a payment. Would I at least be close.

Thanks,

·
Registered
32 Posts
AgMatt, There's a lot of different factors involved in credit scores, all you can do is fill out the credit app and cross your fingers!

·
Registered
279 Posts
Agmatt,

I used the method of telling the dealer that I was going to leave and go to the other dealer in mobile Al and they saw it my, way. Also if you have access to a credit union see what they have for instrest rates. Then beat them down on the price. MSRP on mine was $31832.00 to make a sale they reduced the price to $27650.00 then took the $4000.00 off the price. I got it for aprox $23650.00 it is an 07 tundra double cab with factory tinted windows, TRD package and the bed rails. Plus TTT and since they paid the TTT i am getting 45.00 back from them. and my first payment is not until Mar 08 with an intrest rate of 5.20. BTW my credit was rating score was 750 and the max is 850 -900. Just remember to beat them down on the price. I looked at 5 dealers and the one closest to where i live said "you can not buy this truck for that price. Well i did take my turck back to them and they told me that i could have not gotten that price intell i showed them the paperwork.:eek:

·
Registered
48 Posts
Thanks guys...if you cant tell this is my first real car purchase.

The hardest problem I have is that I have a special plan through my work that gets me somewhat discounts on cars.

For the Tundra 5.7 "Tundra grade" I am being offered 23686 roughly, but I think I can get them to accept a 1k discount for loyalty (parents and fiancee have toyotas) and I want to nickel and dime them down. There is a closer dealership I will go to prior to going to that dealership to see what they say as well.

I would love to get this under 23k before I get my trade in looked at...

Its so close yet so far away still haha.

·
Registered
279 Posts
try to go in with a Pre Approved loan but do not tell them u have it. They will try to do the "dance" but do not cave in, just tell the salesman you have to go. If they really want to sell you a truck they will!. ask to speak to the owner or general sales manager if they say no walk away. Again if they want to sell you a truck they will. IMO btw i have bought 6 new cars in 4 yrs.
Also look at edmunds.com to see what other people are buying by your zip code. also ask them about the dealer holdback. they know what it is and then they will know you have done your research.. Dealer hold back is an amount of money that the dealer gets when they sell a certiant amount of vehicles. edmunds.com explains that as well.
ras

·
Registered
279 Posts
forgot to add that dealer hold back comes from the toyota manfacture not the dealer and is most likely paid to the dealer on a quarterly baisis. So it does not come from the dealer directly...

·
Registered
48 Posts
Yall obviously know a lot more about all of this haha..does 23686 for a tundra grade 5.7v8 double cab sound like a good start? If I get the 1k off for loyalty and maybe nickel and dime him another couple hundred I think potentially to 22500

·
Registered
279 Posts
If you can get that deal with the double cab, TRD package take it and run for the hills or BTW the 4000.00 rebaits end in jan 08. Also if any dealer has any 07 stock still in inventory in jan 08 they will most likely have to pay extra tax on two things, one is on the loan that the dealer made with the finance company that they borrowed the funds (no dealer has the amount of funds to purchase the vehicles out right and has to borrow just like every body else. to purchase the trucks from and the other is they will mostlikey have to pay the state taxes on vehicles that they still have in stock. That is why they try to sell them before the new year.

·
Registered
279 Posts
i have been offered a job from three car dealers at three diffrent times and do not want to work 80 hours a week.

·
Registered
48 Posts
guapo...thanks for taking the time to respond

It wouldnt have the TRD package afaik. Would just be the standard "tundra grade v8 with the 5.7." and the base convience package.

Like I said, I am going to stop off at a closer toyota dealership and see what they have to offer...right now my "best offer" for a 2008 tundra double cab is at $23686 so I at least have a point of comparison.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.