User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-28-2009, 05:11 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
good deal?

Guys, let me know if this is a good deal or keep shopping please?

Nitto Terra Grappler 325/60/18 on 18x9 XD Hoss gloss black mounted, installed, tax, out the door (including TPMS changout) for $2018. That price includes some $95- "all inclusive tire warranty" b.s., I might see if I can get them to nix that. Should I do it or continue shopping for a better deal? I'll be putting this setup on my '08 DC slate gray w/ bil 5100's leveled out on top notch. Also, according to tire calculator, that's a 33.4" tire. Will I have to do any cutting or push the inner fenders in at all or will it work w/o rubbing?

Last edited by uflbret; 11-28-2009 at 05:13 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-29-2009, 07:02 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
anyone, bueller?
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-29-2009, 07:08 PM
"The General"

Verify tire prices at Discount Tire, Custom Wheels, Truck & Car Rims | Discount Tire or Home - Discount Tire Direct. My quick search looks like you have a decent value.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-30-2009, 11:33 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
I think I may be able to get the 325/60/18 Procomp Xtreme A/T a little cheaper from the same place. Is it worth it to get the Nitto's or should I go w/ the Procomps? I'm concerned with life expectancy and the Procomps offer a 40,000 mile treadlife warranty, I drive a LOT for work so I'm a little confused as to which to choose. Thoughts?
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-30-2009, 01:11 PM
"The General"

Ah, since you're open to considering different tires, then I suggest you look at Pirelli Scorpion ATRs (I had these on my 4Runner with great success), Yokohama Geolander A/T-S, or Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revos based on the fact that consumer reports rated them tops in the All Terrain Truck tire segment. Several tings to be aware of:
1) The Scorpions are only rated at Load Range C, so if you tow heavy loads, then don't get them.
2) Consumer Reports suggests you select your tires based on safety factors such as braking distances, handling characteristics, and hydroplaning avoidance capability. That means from a ranking perspective, the ranked tires aren't selected based on tread life since CR considers safety more important than mileage and cost.
3) The highest rated All Terrain Truck tire is about equivalent to the 4th rated All Season Truck tire. So, unless you are going off road or are really concerned about looks, consider an All Season tire for cost, safety, and efficiency reasons.
4) The Nitto Terra Grappler All Terrain tires were rated 8th in the AT category.

In the All Season Truck tire arena the General Grabber HTS, Continental CrossContact LX, and Kumho Road Venture APT KL51 are rated high. The General and Continental are the only ones with load rating E. The All Season Truck tires are not aggressive looking at all!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum > Tundra Discussion > Tundra Wheels & Tires

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in