Cooper Discover AT3 295/60/20s on the stock Platinum wheels? - TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-21-2017, 09:12 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Cooper Discover AT3 295/60/20s on the stock Platinum wheels?

I've exhausted my search on this so I'm posting the question here. The truck is a 2010 CrewMax Platinum(5.7 4wd). I just installed OME-614s (shocks front and rear) and COACHBUILDER +3 shackles, also differential drop. The lift got me 3.5-inches up front and 1.5 in the rear. No other modifications at this point. Upper control arms are stock and will remain stock for the foreseeable future since my alignment was within specs that are acceptable to me.

So the question is: Am I going to be able to fit Cooper Discover AT3 295/60/20s on the stock Platinum wheels (+60 offset), WITHOUT hitting/rubbing the UCAs? For some reason I thought the offset on these wheels was +50 and that I would have no problem with this size, but after a little more searching I learned they are actually +60. Cooper lists the actual dimensions for these tires as 34.13" x 11.5". A quick measurement of the stock tires (275/55/20), then extended out to 11.5" using tire centerline, puts the new tires ON the UCA.

Problem is: I realized this the day after ordering the 295/60s, so the tires are on the way. Yeah, I know I should have done more research and figured this out before ordering, but I thought it was figured out. I am aware of wheel spacers and adapters, but really didn't want to have to do anything like that. I would have rather went down a size if I had thought I'd need spacers or adapters to make it work. I was told that it still might work, but with only 3/8" clearance and that 1/2" was the preferred minimum.

Is anyone running this tire on these wheels (or stock 20" limited wheels)? If so, did you need spacers? Also, I was thinking that trimming wouldn't be necessary, am I wrong on this?

Thanks for any help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-21-2017, 11:41 AM

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
I just put on 295x60 20 Nitto Ridge grapplers on my 2014 stock platinum. I have the stock wheels with no spacers (+60) and clear the UCA by about 1/2 - 3/4 of an inch. I would think you should be fine as Nitto lists their 295 tires as 11.77 inches wide. However, I am not sure if the addition of the OME 614 changes the geometry enough to pull the wheels in slightly closer to the UCA. Good luck

Nitto Ridge Grappler 295x60 20
BakFlip MX4
The Following User Says Thank You to native texican For This Useful Post:
JQuest (07-21-2017)
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-21-2017, 02:08 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Thanks for the information. So you don't have any lift? I didn't know you could run 295/60 without a lift. That's awesome! I'd love to see pictures of your setup if you have any. I think my problem might end up being the geometry change. I may be forced into getting spacer/adapters, but I still really don't want to. I'm going to find out the hard way next week when they arrive and I get them mounted. Just as soon as I finish replacing the stupid ***********$$$$$$$$$ steering rack.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-03-2017, 09:29 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Pics yet?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-04-2017, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucksmith07 View Post
Pics yet?

Yes...IMG_2065.JPG
IMG_2051.JPGIMG_2055.JPGIMG_2062.JPGIMG_2057.JPGIMG_2064.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BakFlip MX4
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-04-2017, 10:52 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Looks good, close but looks good.

post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-04-2017, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucksmith07 View Post
Looks good, close but looks good.

There some rub under compression on the UCA, but I'm not a rock crawler so I'm not too concerned. I still need to get under there and trim the skid plate, it rubs slightly under full lock when turning right.

Ideally if you could do a 0.5" spacer that didn't cut off the studs, I'd do that. But I haven't seen such a thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BakFlip MX4
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum > Tundra Discussion > Tundra Wheels & Tires

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in