Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

Tires and wheels

2K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  medtundra 
#1 ·
I stopped in my local truck accessory shop this morning to look at tires and wheels. I fell in love with the HD 795 Black chrome. But now I'm confused on which tires. First let me say I put a set of Michelin's on my wifes Tahoe a couple months ago and swore I would own nothing but. The guy at the shop said I wouldn't be able to tell the difference in the ride on either the Michelin, the BF Goodrich KO, or the TOYO tires, and recommend the toyo because of price. He also sells Nikko Terra grabber, but said I would defiantly notice the difference. What are your thoughts?

He also said I needed to add a 2.5 in level kit to the front. OTD price for everything 3k. Seems a little high to me.
Thanks
Ron

#2 ·
If you want a smooth ride/quality tire you will not be able to do better than Michelin. BFG does not compare on pavement.

If you want an offroad tire the Toyo or BFG would both be good choices. I would go Toyo if you are looking for a tire to take you off the pavement.

#4 ·
3K is for 4 Toyo, 4 Rims, Locking lugs, 2.5 level kit, with install. I spend most of my time on the streets, and very seldom have to put it in 4x4 on my deer lease logging roads. I'm on my way to 4 wheel parts now to see what they have.

#5 ·
If you're on the streets mostly Then I wanted drop the extra coin for the Toyo's. My level kit was like $129, $150 for intall, $50 for alignment and $990 for wheels and tires. Total less than $1400! I would definitely shop around If I were you.

#6 ·
4 wheel parts gave a price of $2500 for the same,except they was gonna do a 2.5 lift in front with an add a leaf to the back. This has been best price I found so far other than ordering off the internet and doing it all myself. I just dont have the time to do it myself.

#7 ·
Go online and shop around (Don't use Craigslist or eBay) and find the best prices on the wheels tires and lift. For the tires try onlinetires.com and for the wheels try rimzoneonline.com. Then once you have found the lowest price show it to 4 Wheel Parts and they will do their best to price match. When they did my setup I asked them if they could match Tirerack.com for my tires and they said they would price match everything as long as it wasn't from eBay or Craigslist. I ended up shaving $600 off the total. Give it a shot!

#10 ·
I bought the $99 front level kit and paid $200 for install & alignment. Then I bought Nitto Terra Grapplers for $900. Wheels were ordered (ATX Teflon Thugs) for another $900 but they stuck out way too far with the 12mm offset...so they returned the wheels. Bottom line...$2100 if I had accepted the wheels. I love the tires (275 70 18) which are 33.3" tall, AT tread which worked very well during hunting season in the mud & snow. This combination of lift & tires gave my new DC the same clearance as my old F-250 diesel so getting into camp was easy. My friends drive stock GM 4x4s and they curse that camp road due to clearance issues.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.