Tires Between A/T and M/T - Page 2 - TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 31 (permalink) Old 02-05-2017, 03:14 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgblktruck View Post
I like my Falken WildPeak AT3W's, but I don't know if they would be a hybrid tire. They seem to be good at everything... And oh so quiet.

Tires look good! I am going with the Falken for my next set.....what size are those?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 31 (permalink) Old 02-05-2017, 04:40 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cptblackadder View Post
Tires look good! I am going with the Falken for my next set.....what size are those?
These are 275/70R18.... Just one size up as I didn't want to worry about rubbing.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

New England Tundra Club Member #37
2014 Crewmax Limited TRD Package
Access Limited Tonneau Cover
Toyota Stainless Steel Steps
WeatherTech Side Window Deflectors
Husky X-act Contour Floor Liners
... more to come!
post #18 of 31 (permalink) Old 02-05-2017, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgblktruck View Post
These are 275/70R18.... Just one size up as I didn't want to worry about rubbing.
Are you leveled? That is the size I have been thinking about going too....can you tell any difference with your speedometer?

post #19 of 31 (permalink) Old 02-05-2017, 09:58 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cptblackadder View Post
Are you leveled? That is the size I have been thinking about going too....can you tell any difference with your speedometer?
My truck is completely stock... No lift, no leveling kit. I haven't noticed a difference with the speedometer, but i only have about 150 miles on them (and i haven't paid much attention to it). My fuel economy dropped a little (1 mpg) but I haven't even gone through a full tank yet, and some of that will be due to the larger circumference (tire travels further per each full rotation).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

New England Tundra Club Member #37
2014 Crewmax Limited TRD Package
Access Limited Tonneau Cover
Toyota Stainless Steel Steps
WeatherTech Side Window Deflectors
Husky X-act Contour Floor Liners
... more to come!
The Following User Says Thank You to bgblktruck For This Useful Post:
16toywheeler (02-05-2017)
post #20 of 31 (permalink) Old 02-06-2017, 12:14 AM

Hankook rf10. Great tire
post #21 of 31 (permalink) Old 02-06-2017, 06:56 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 234 Post(s)
Garage
Mastercraft has a new CXT out, that's close to a hybrid. I have the AXT's and have been pretty pleased, but can't tell you a thing about the CXT's.

08 Double Cab, 4.7L, 4x4
275/70/18 Nitto Ridge Grapplers
18x9 Vision Warriors
2" MotoFab Leveling kit
Flowmaster Super 50 Series Dual In/Dual Out

post #22 of 31 (permalink) Old 02-06-2017, 11:11 AM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
[QUOTE=16toywheeler;8257954]I think a good in-between tire would be the cooper discoverer at/3.

Those are definitely not an "in between" tire. Coopers in between is the Discoverer ST MAXX.

2017 Tacoma TRD PRO
2016 Tundra 4x4. Wannabe TRD Pro on the outside, 1794 on the inside.
2002 Chevrolet 3500 Duramax 4x4
2002 Ford F-250 V-10 4x4
1982 Jeep CJ-8
post #23 of 31 (permalink) Old 02-06-2017, 11:41 AM

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 472 Post(s)
Garage
^^^ +1. I have the stmaxx. No complaints other than between 35-45mph they make higher pitched noise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

post #24 of 31 (permalink) Old 02-07-2017, 10:25 AM
Supporting Vendor

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 142 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by taaland View Post
Went to order some Open Country RT's today and online they wouldn't ship to Washington. So I called the company up, and they said that Washington and Oregon has a ban against Toyo and Nitto tires due to quality concerns. The gentleman on the phone then went on to comment how Toyo and Nitto were about the worst choice there was. Now I'm back to searching again!
I did some checking and there is no ban on Toyo or Nitto products in the State of Washington or Oregon. Maybe the retailer was mistaken?

On a side note, Nitto and Toyo make quality and safe tires; I wouldn't hesitate to run them.

Low Prices! More Choices! Trusted Experts!
At The Store:

To Your Door:

Useful Links:

• To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

• To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #25 of 31 (permalink) Old 02-17-2017, 10:14 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Discount Tire View Post
I did some checking and there is no ban on Toyo or Nitto products in the State of Washington or Oregon. Maybe the retailer was mistaken?

On a side note, Nitto and Toyo make quality and safe tires; I wouldn't hesitate to run them.
Yea, i've never heard of such a thing. Go to a Les Schwab.

*I use to work for Toyo, but 10+ years ago. PNW was one of our biggest regions. That said, quality concerns and toyo is something i've never heard of.

2017 CM Limited
2001 911 Turbo (the daily)
1955 Chevy Suburban (chopped street rod)
post #26 of 31 (permalink) Old 02-17-2017, 12:16 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
That is bizarre that one place says there is. Les Schuab wants an arm and a leg for toyo tires, that's why I thought maybe that premium was due to that fact. Guess I was wrong. Either way, I'm taking a long look at Duratracs or Dick Cepek Fun Country. Those are kind of what I am narrowed down to, with some KO2's in the back of my mind too. The Falken seem like a nice tread pattern, but having never heard of the company it makes me nervous.
post #27 of 31 (permalink) Old 02-17-2017, 01:06 PM
Supporting Vendor

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 142 Post(s)
Not sure where you're located exactly, but our brick and mortar locations can special order Toyo tires and pricing is competitive. If you have a Discount Tire nearby you may want to reach out to see what they can do for you.

Store Locator | Discount Tire

Low Prices! More Choices! Trusted Experts!
At The Store:

To Your Door:

Useful Links:

post #28 of 31 (permalink) Old 02-17-2017, 02:11 PM

Quote:
That is bizarre that one place says there is. Les Schuab wants an arm and a leg for toyo tires, that's why I thought maybe that premium was due to that fact. Guess I was wrong. Either way, I'm taking a long look at Duratracs or Dick Cepek Fun Country. Those are kind of what I am narrowed down to, with some KO2's in the back of my mind too. The Falken seem like a nice tread pattern, but having never heard of the company it makes me nervous.

Les Schwab is the biggest toyo dealer out there. No reason they shouldn't match anything you find online.

2017 CM Limited
post #29 of 31 (permalink) Old 02-17-2017, 02:17 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HBdirtbag View Post
Les Schwab is the biggest toyo dealer out there. No reason they shouldn't match anything you find online.
I think they were about $100 more per tire there, including shipping if I bought online. Almost $2,000 for Toyo RT's mounted and balanced.

I have also heard that the Toyo RT aren't good in snow either. That points me towards the Duratracs, which are more expensive, but supposedly pretty decent in snow.
post #30 of 31 (permalink) Old 02-17-2017, 02:28 PM

Quote:
I think they were about $100 more per tire there, including shipping if I bought online. Almost $2,000 for Toyo RT's mounted and balanced.

I have also heard that the Toyo RT aren't good in snow either. That points me towards the Duratracs, which are more expensive, but supposedly pretty decent in snow.

Did you ask them to price match? I don't know which is better in snow (RT's i don't have experience with but am putting a set on today actually)

2017 CM Limited
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum > Tundra Discussion > Tundra Wheels & Tires

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in