User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 12-01-2016, 08:10 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 100 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
in search of tire advise (edited - less wordy)

Hi all, I am looking to replace my factory tires before snow comes, and could use some insight...

Truck is a 2014 SR double cab 4x4 with 4.6L. tires are stock Michelin 255/70/18 112T. Currently at 34k miles. Truck is used for work and personal use. It has 600+ Lbs of equipment in it at any given time, gets used on the beach on a weekly basis 6-8 months a year, and it occasionally tows small work trailer and boat at 3,500 - 5000 lbs.

I'm concerned about bad weather / snow traction and emergency handling, I also need a tire that can handle the weight and work load, as well as be suitable for the beach. I'm not sure if LTs would provide any real benefit, or would be worth the comfort and weight trade offs. I'm also unsure about going with an AT or not. I like the look of ATs, and could use the extra traction off road occasionally. but I don't know how much of a handling and comfort trade off there will be..?

my next question is sizing. I want to go as big as possible (will help on the beach, and look better). my truck is completely stock, and I plan on keeping it that way for now. I will at least get 275/65/18 or 265/70/18. I have read that 275/70/18 or 285/65/18 will fit and that they wont. has any one added 275/70/18 or 285/65/18 on stock rim, and was there rubbing?

If any one has experience I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks.

2014 SR Work Truck Package Double Cab 4x4 4.6L Magnetic Grey Tundra.
Official tri-state club member #48

Last edited by dforlenza; 12-02-2016 at 05:28 PM. Reason: to long
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 12-02-2016, 11:58 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 59 Post(s)
The 275's should fit just make sure you check for clearance when turning lock to lock. Don't worry about the load rating on the tires because that is such a light load a regular "P" rated tire will be fine.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum > Tundra Discussion > Tundra Wheels & Tires

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in