Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

Anyone have BFG KO2 275/65/20?

8K views 31 replies 18 participants last post by  louscrw 
#1 ·
The BFG site shows this tire as 34 inches in diameter. If anyone has this tire, can you please confirm this? I really want this tire, but my state's wildlife management laws prohibit any tires larger than 34 inches. The agents will actually measure from the center hub to the outside edge of the tire (horizontal to the ground), and if it exceeds 17 inches, you will get a ticket. Thanks.

#3 ·
What are you so worried about??? Buy the tire. If some ranger actually measures the tire and gives you a ticket, flip him off behind his back and call up BFG and sue them for the cost of the ticket for selling you the wrong tire.

Or go down to the tire shop and measure it yourself in person before you buy it. Why would you want to trust some stranger on the internet to give you a precise measurement???

#5 ·
Relax dude. I was just wanting to know if anyone had this tire AND, if they didn't mind, could they measure their tire to see if it is truly 34 inches when mounted. Surely you know that manufacturer specs (regarding tires) are rarely accurate. What good is it to flip someone off behind their back?

#8 ·
the law only applies to roads within state owned wildlife management areas. They even regulate ATV tires; can't be over 26 inches and lugs can't be over 1 inch.

#12 ·
I live in the beautiful and awesome state of Louisiana!! Although it's a pain to have to abide by those rules, I can see where it is needed. Years ago, stupid fools would tear up all the interior gravel roads/trails which made it virtually impossible for everyone else to get through. Not sure about the rest of the country, but down here in LA, we have some nasty swamps and nasty mud. While others are trying to hunt, some fools just want to go out there and tear up the roads. I guess the wildlife and fisheries dept had to implement some type of restriction. The tire size restriction doesn't bother me too much; not trying to lift my truck 12 inches and putting 37 inch tires. However, the atv tire restriction, to me is a little absurd.

#15 ·
I have them and mine measured roughly 33.5" with 45 psi. Definitely not 34". Great tires! They are wearing well with 6k miles so far and surprisingly quiet for an all terrain tire.

#16 ·
I'm getting my 5100's installed on Monday and I may end up putting them on the middle setting for 1.75 inches of lift. If I do that, I wonder if this "34 inch" tire would fit?

#19 ·
It is what it is. I hunt public land and the law (to enter wildlife management areas) is your tire cannot exceed 17 inches when measured from the center of the hub to the outside edge of the tire when measured horizontal to the ground. It doesn't specifically state 35inch tires are prohibited, but by reading this law, you can see that a 34inch tire is the largest you can have.

#21 ·
#27 ·
They are 285-65-20 BFG AT TKO2, sku# 88423. The picture in begining this thread is of my 2014 with just the TRD Pro Suspension. I now have a 2016, exactly like the 2014, but it has the TRD Pro suspension with a pair Coachbuilder's shims on each side in the front and his +2 shakles in the rear. These are pics of the 2016

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.