Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

V-Drive Wheels with Geolander A/T-S Tires Installed

809 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  theaxeman 
#1 ·
Wednesday (1-8) I had my new Moto Metal 951's removed. Discount Tire had trouble balancing them.

I installed MB V-Drive 17x8.5 wheels. These have a 0mm offset. They really didn't look wide enough for me.

With the V-Drives, I installed Geolander A/T-S P275/65-17's. These tires handled fantastic in a trip I took where it poured rain coming and going. Very good traction and response.

I've decided to return the V-Drives. Discount Tire will charge me an exhorbant restocking fee as they cannot sell these wheels as new. I've already ordered the Fuel Hostage 17x9's with a -12mm offset. They should look like the Moto Metal's did.

I've put some feelers out trying to find someone that might like to take the V-Drive's from me. Of course everybody wants these 3 day old wheels for half price. If I sell them too cheap, it will actually cost me more than returning them.

Lesson Learned: Next time I'll shop at a store that regularly modifies trucks so I get the benefit of their experience (even though it will cost a little more). When all said and done, I'll have wasted about $185 in fees. But at least I'll have the look I wanted that will last me the life of the truck.

Attachments

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.