LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 42 (permalink) Old 10-02-2017, 09:41 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Post your side steps please!

Hey guys and gals,
I am trying to choose what style of side bars I want to install on my Cement Tundra TRD Pro. Please post pics of your rigs with your side bars and where you got them please!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 42 (permalink) Old 10-02-2017, 10:14 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Garage
Personally I like the look of no side steps especially on a TRD Pro. Your truck came with out them for a reason, it gives you better clearance and gives your truck an off road/lifted look. If you plan to off road then I would highly suggest keeping it the way it is. If you want side steps for more of the functionality aspect then you should look at amp steps. They are retractable step that deploy when you open your door and retract when you close it and if installed right you can make completely hidden. Only thing is that they can get up there in price. Good luck!

Lifted White 2010 Toyota Tundra SR5 TRD 5.7
post #3 of 42 (permalink) Old 10-02-2017, 10:38 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
I wont be off-roading that hard for a while. And, I really like the aggressive looke some of the side bars/rails bring. As for the retractable steps, i would never spend that much money for such a minuscule function. Thanks for the reply. Your White Rig is clean!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to Mprotege For This Useful Post:
TaylorK (10-02-2017)

post #4 of 42 (permalink) Old 10-02-2017, 10:47 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 253 Post(s)
I went with the nfabs for now. Cheap and provided me with decent assistance getting in and out without tearing up my seats. In the future I will be upgrading to white knuckle offroad sliders. I agree these steps do make the truck appear to sit lower to the ground. Hope this is helpful.

2016 Toyota Tundra TRD Pro CM MGM

IG: @kt_harb.protundra

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ktharbour6 For This Useful Post:
4dailyrunner (08-22-2018), Mprotege (10-02-2017)
post #5 of 42 (permalink) Old 10-02-2017, 11:27 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktharbour6 View Post
I went with the nfabs for now. Cheap and provided me with decent assistance getting in and out without tearing up my seats. In the future I will be upgrading to white knuckle offroad sliders. I agree these steps do make the truck appear to sit lower to the ground. Hope this is helpful.

That's exactly why I need to get them. Shoot, if you end up upgrading sooner than later, hit me up! I'd love to take those Nfabs off your hands. Thanks for the pics!
post #6 of 42 (permalink) Old 10-03-2017, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mprotege View Post
That's exactly why I need to get them. Shoot, if you end up upgrading sooner than later, hit me up! I'd love to take those Nfabs off your hands. Thanks for the pics!
It will be longer then you'd be willing to wait unfortunately. I'd say it would be over a year before I get the sliders.

post #7 of 42 (permalink) Old 10-04-2017, 03:50 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
I've decided to go for the Go Rhino RB 20's. I looked at the RB 10's that several have, and prefer the more streamlined look of the 20's. Really like their Dominator R6 boards as well. Currently travelling for work, but will order and install in NOV.

2017 TRD PRO Double Cab in Cement
Mods/Additions: Roadmaster Active Suspension, TRD PRO rear anti-sway bar, Go Rhino RB 20 Side Steps, PE Ultra Track tonneau cover, Lund Revolution Bull bar, Piaa LED Fog Lights, RBP Fender Armor, Bedrug bedmat , Pop N lock Tailgate lock, Toyota LED Bedlights
post #8 of 42 (permalink) Old 10-04-2017, 08:48 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I went with the RB 20's. Looked at a ton of different ones and liked the look of the RB 20's better than all of the rest.

Just a cool look and a great fit with my cement TRD Pro. Install was easy as well.

Just my preference.
post #9 of 42 (permalink) Old 10-04-2017, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcory77 View Post
I went with the RB 20's. Looked at a ton of different ones and liked the look of the RB 20's better than all of the rest.

Just a cool look and a great fit with my cement TRD Pro. Install was easy as well.

Just my preference.
Photos?

post #10 of 42 (permalink) Old 10-04-2017, 10:54 PM

Quoted: 41 Post(s)
I really like those Nfab steps, think I am going to get a pair. You guys like them? I don't do heavy off roading but I do like to get after it from time to time. Mainly St George UT to go mountain biking. Should I look at some different step options?

2017 TRD Pro DC Cement
post #11 of 42 (permalink) Old 10-07-2017, 08:21 AM

Does anyone have photos of the go rhino rb20 stepbars?

post #12 of 42 (permalink) Old 10-07-2017, 02:12 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
I'll have mine up by Thanksgiving. Currently on an all expense paid trip to fun filled places courtesy of Uncle Sam.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktharbour6 View Post
Does anyone have photos of the go rhino rb20 stepbars?

2017 TRD PRO Double Cab in Cement
Mods/Additions: Roadmaster Active Suspension, TRD PRO rear anti-sway bar, Go Rhino RB 20 Side Steps, PE Ultra Track tonneau cover, Lund Revolution Bull bar, Piaa LED Fog Lights, RBP Fender Armor, Bedrug bedmat , Pop N lock Tailgate lock, Toyota LED Bedlights
post #13 of 42 (permalink) Old 10-10-2017, 06:34 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
The dealership put predator steps on my TRD Pro. I don't think anything else would have looked as good on it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 72173-1_1507674668538.jpg (80.3 KB, 252 views)
File Type: jpg 72173-1_1507674668539.jpg (80.3 KB, 212 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to Big TRD 2017 For This Useful Post:
4dailyrunner (08-22-2018)
post #14 of 42 (permalink) Old 10-10-2017, 07:33 PM

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaylorK View Post
Personally I like the look of no side steps especially on a TRD Pro. Your truck came with out them for a reason, it gives you better clearance and gives your truck an off road/lifted look. If you plan to off road then I would highly suggest keeping it the way it is. If you want side steps for more of the functionality aspect then you should look at amp steps. They are retractable step that deploy when you open your door and retract when you close it and if installed right you can make completely hidden. Only thing is that they can get up there in price. Good luck!
Yes, the truck came without steps for a reason. That reason is purely financial on Toyota's part. It has nothing to do with off-road ability. Generally you don't get better clearance without most steps for the simple fact that the truck frame and transfer case sits below the body and is the limiting factor for ground clearance on most obstacles (excluding approach and departure angles).

While the truck may look higher without steps, if you look closely under the truck, you will see that steps, unless they hang stupidly low, will not diminish your ground clearance as they hang from the body and are usually about level with the frame and higher than the transfer case.

If you are planning on doing any semi-serious offroading, skip the steps and get rock sliders. They are a bit more expensive up front, but, your rocker panels, and ultimately your wallet, will thank you later.
post #15 of 42 (permalink) Old 10-16-2017, 01:06 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigwheel View Post
Yes, the truck came without steps for a reason. That reason is purely financial on Toyota's part. It has nothing to do with off-road ability. Generally you don't get better clearance without most steps for the simple fact that the truck frame and transfer case sits below the body and is the limiting factor for ground clearance on most obstacles (excluding approach and departure angles).

While the truck may look higher without steps, if you look closely under the truck, you will see that steps, unless they hang stupidly low, will not diminish your ground clearance as they hang from the body and are usually about level with the frame and higher than the transfer case.

If you are planning on doing any semi-serious offroading, skip the steps and get rock sliders. They are a bit more expensive up front, but, your rocker panels, and ultimately your wallet, will thank you later.
Word!!

Just saving wear and tear on the seat getting in and out of the truck is worth it. I think it breaks up the grey too.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20170903_115628461_HDR.jpg (178.3 KB, 253 views)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pulmah Finger For This Useful Post:
4dailyrunner (08-22-2018), Berserker (11-07-2017)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum > Tundra Discussion > Tundra TRD Pro

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in