Bought TRD PRO today. Curious about its capabilities off road compared to non PRO. - Page 2 - TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-22-2017, 11:44 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danattherock View Post
Pics. Ferry to Fort Fisher, NC.

Good pics! I love the beach. Iíve driven many many trucks and jeeps on the beach and dunes, and the Tundra handled admirably. Not as good as my CJs, but good.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2017 BR Tundra TRD Pro
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-22-2017, 11:59 PM

Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Quote:
Got out on beach this morning. Truck handles deep sand with ease. Drove 6-7 miles and let kids play on beach for a few hours. Fort Fisher,NC.
That is a badass truck if I have ever saw one. Fun for the whole family
post #18 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-23-2017, 10:39 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Great pic Doug. We went out again today. Kids loved it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20170723_203221.jpg (194.5 KB, 110 views)
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Danattherock For This Useful Post:
kdropin (07-24-2017), Luckydwg (08-05-2017), PNWDoug (07-24-2017)

post #19 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-23-2017, 11:35 PM

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
I have a 2014 limited and had 8000 miles when I bought it, if I had to do it all over again I would buy an SR5 and put all the off road mods I want. The best mod I have done to my current one is king shocks all around, that being said tundras need a locking diff but you can get an aftermarket one preferably a rear locking diff if youre trying to choose between front and rear. The only thing I like about the pro is the bilstens (not rebuildable though like kings,fox,icon,ads) and the skid plate, other than that its a mediocre performer that any other model tundra can do with the right mods.

I'm here for the gangbang?!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #20 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-23-2017, 11:41 PM

Thanked 1,739 Times in 1,146 Posts
Mentioned: 63 Post(s)
Quoted: 1081 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by coryatver View Post
By the way good call on moving fast and grabbing one up! They are not making them for 2018 and the ones left are going to be gone in no time. That truck is awesome and seems like it will match your lifestyle perfect
Wait... what?!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sent from my Atari 2600
post #21 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-24-2017, 12:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue 684 View Post
I have a 2014 limited and had 8000 miles when I bought it, if I had to do it all over again I would buy an SR5 and put all the off road mods I want. The best mod I have done to my current one is king shocks all around, that being said tundras need a locking diff but you can get an aftermarket one preferably a rear locking diff if youre trying to choose between front and rear. The only thing I like about the pro is the bilstens (not rebuildable though like kings,fox,icon,ads) and the skid plate, other than that its a mediocre performer that any other model tundra can do with the right mods.

LOL. I love my mediocre, poor performing truck. Kinda sad I bought such a POS.

Haters will be haters.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2017 BR Tundra TRD Pro
post #22 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-24-2017, 07:07 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
^^^ Yep, I guess so. Will make myself enjoy mine also. Lol. This truck is amazing. Was going on rough section on beach, lots of big bumps, etc at 45 mph Sunday morning. Most folks going 10-15, as did I in areas with other vehicles, 7 mile section of beach so had it to myself mostly. Cruises on highway like my previous Escalade. Interior space is cavernous, with my kids in back, and 95 lb german shepherd in floor board. Had her up to 110 mph today on way home from ordering my ARE Z cap. This truck is, terrible, nobody should buy them. Ever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaj23 View Post
Wait... what?!
Yep, I had heard the rumor online. My dealer said the TRD PRO I bought will be their last. Said not being made in 2018.

Last edited by Danattherock; 07-24-2017 at 07:12 PM.
post #23 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-24-2017, 09:28 PM

Thanked 1,739 Times in 1,146 Posts
Mentioned: 63 Post(s)
Quoted: 1081 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Yep, I had heard the rumor online. My dealer said the TRD PRO I bought will be their last. Said not being made in 2018.
Man...you might have fallen for the "this is the last one" trick that car salesmen try to pull. Not that it's not a great truck.

The Fast Lane Truck (which is typically full of crap) is the only site I could find that said the Pro wasn't going to be made for 2018. I couldn't find anything official on Toyota's pressroom or any other reputable site for that matter.

Sent from my Atari 2600
post #24 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-24-2017, 10:06 PM

Bought TRD PRO today. Curious about its capabilities off road compared to non PRO.

Quote:
Man...you might have fallen for the "this is the last one" trick that car salesmen try to pull. Not that it's not a great truck.

The Fast Lane Truck (which is typically full of crap) is the only site I could find that said the Pro wasn't going to be made for 2018. I couldn't find anything official on Toyota's pressroom or any other reputable site for that matter.

You could be right. The only official press release Iíve seen is for the new TRD Sport with the additional hood scoop, 20Ē wheels, new TSS safety system (translation: more electronics to fail), etc. When I went in and had my brake controller ECU updated, I asked about the new model year Tundras. They showed me some 2018 dealer promotional info which did not include the Pro.

Then again, that doesnít mean it wonít be made. Time will tell! That being said, the cement Pro they in stock sold in 5 days. Last one for them for 2017 (they were allocated one per quarter). They have 58 remaining Tundras in stock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2017 BR Tundra TRD Pro

Last edited by PNWDoug; 07-24-2017 at 10:28 PM.
post #25 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-24-2017, 10:20 PM

Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Quote:
Great pic Doug. We went out again today. Kids loved it.
Cement looks sweet on the sand

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to kdropin For This Useful Post:
Danattherock (07-24-2017)
post #26 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-24-2017, 10:25 PM

Quoted: 37 Post(s)
I'll be getting an sr5 most likely in cement when the 2018s come out.. wish they still would make the pros..

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
post #27 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-24-2017, 11:10 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Bought TRD PRO today. Curious about its capabilities off road compared to non PRO.

I don't know for sure that the Trd pro tundra isn't offered in 2018 but I did read that it's not coming back in 2018 in the recent edition of 4 wheel parts magazine.

Last edited by dblack; 07-24-2017 at 11:13 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to dblack For This Useful Post:
lacartus (07-29-2017)
post #28 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-24-2017, 11:11 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:

Who knows. But they told me after I bought the truck. So there is that.
post #29 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-31-2017, 12:52 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Sounds like a great truck that fits your lifestyle to a tee.

Have fun! Life is too short.
post #30 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-22-2017, 01:24 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue 684 View Post
I talked to a Bilstein rep and he did say they are rebuildable and they also have an Internal Bump stop that allot of people don't know about. I asked him what an upgrade would be with what the Pro already has he said nothing. I was hoping he would say the 8000 series so I would upgrade. But no. I know King's have to be rebuilt quite often. Well sand car experience. My cousin had king's on his sandrail and we decided to take them off and check them. Blown out but was able to rebuild them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum > Tundra Discussion > Tundra TRD Pro

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in