post #1 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-02-2017, 07:47 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
shackles and shims

got my CB shackles and shims installed
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20170202_162925_1486082793452.jpg (199.2 KB, 788 views)
File Type: jpg 20170202_162933_1486082812676.jpg (203.5 KB, 658 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to warwick scout For This Useful Post:
Powertechn2 (02-02-2017)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-02-2017, 09:19 PM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
super clean man
post #3 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-02-2017, 09:39 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Very cool, truck looks awesome!! I just ordered my 4 shims (2 per side /front), +3 shackles and the steering kit! Looks like you have spacers too (which David recommended). Which size/brand did you go with?

post #4 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-07-2017, 01:12 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jplayer View Post
Very cool, truck looks awesome!! I just ordered my 4 shims (2 per side /front), +3 shackles and the steering kit! Looks like you have spacers too (which David recommended). Which size/brand did you go with?
spacers are spidertrax 1 1/4 in

16 white TDR PRO
78 international scout
14 Polaris rzr 800 xc
post #5 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-07-2017, 04:47 PM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Did you need to replace uca to get decent alinement specs?
post #6 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-07-2017, 04:51 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave, View Post
Did you need to replace uca to get decent alinement specs?
Have the same question.

+ Why the wheel spacers are needed in this setup?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-07-2017, 06:27 PM

Quoted: 85 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by eugeneus View Post
Have the same question.

+ Why the wheel spacers are needed in this setup?
I believe if you do the steering kit it will hit the stock wheels without spacers.

Lattimer

2015 TRD Pro CM Supercharged

Traded-- 2012 Crewmax 4x4 SR5 TRD Offroad
Traded-- 2008 DoubleCab 4x4 SR5 TRD Offroad
post #8 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-07-2017, 06:52 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
didn't need spacers just, felt I the wheels were tucked in to much.no need for uca's.also didn't do the steering kit yet

16 white TDR PRO
78 international scout
14 Polaris rzr 800 xc
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to warwick scout For This Useful Post:
geekrig (02-07-2017), tnsanders23 (02-07-2017)
post #9 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-19-2017, 07:57 PM

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
I installed the CB +2 shackles on my 2017 CM Pro. Hard to tell but I think the ride quality is improved (less bed roll when cornering) and just feels more sturdy. I'm really liking the stance of the truck and the slight rake that I have now, also looking forward to no squatting when loaded down. The shackles are top-notch quality and CB provided everything i needed in the kit.

The install was fairly straight-forward...CB has a good video on YouTube which was helpful. Getting the stock bushings out was not easy, but to be expected with new bushings and only 900 miles on the truck. I rented a ball joint press from the local Auto Zone and that is definitely a required tool to get those stock bushings out. Make sure you clean out the leafs after you get the bushings out, I gave them a heavy dose of WD40 but without that the new poly bushings would not slide in.

I didn't install the carrier bearing drop kit. The truck seems to ride great without it but do I need to do this? Will not having it impact anything at highway speeds or cause long-term damage?

Last edited by Trout_Addict; 02-19-2017 at 08:08 PM.
post #10 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-20-2017, 06:01 AM

Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trout_Addict View Post
I installed the CB +2 shackles on my 2017 CM Pro. Hard to tell but I think the ride quality is improved (less bed roll when cornering) and just feels more sturdy. I'm really liking the stance of the truck and the slight rake that I have now, also looking forward to no squatting when loaded down. The shackles are top-notch quality and CB provided everything i needed in the kit.

The install was fairly straight-forward...CB has a good video on YouTube which was helpful. Getting the stock bushings out was not easy, but to be expected with new bushings and only 900 miles on the truck. I rented a ball joint press from the local Auto Zone and that is definitely a required tool to get those stock bushings out. Make sure you clean out the leafs after you get the bushings out, I gave them a heavy dose of WD40 but without that the new poly bushings would not slide in.

I didn't install the carrier bearing drop kit. The truck seems to ride great without it but do I need to do this? Will not having it impact anything at highway speeds or cause long-term damage?
I dropped my carrier. It was a 5 minute job. Ekstrom said it should be done with +2 & +3 and included the two small billet bushings in kit. It starts changing rear driveshaft angle from factory when you add spring lift.
post #11 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-20-2017, 08:50 PM

Thanks for the feedback. I guess I'll bet back under there and install the drop kit. I know it's an easy install but I didn't know if it was required. Sounds like it can only help so I'll throw in the spacers next chance I get. Thanks again for the help!
post #12 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-26-2017, 08:52 PM

I just installed the spacers to drop the carrier bearing...2 minute job and figured it can't hurt (and it sounds like CB recommends installing these with his +2 shackles). I really like how the truck handles with the new shackles. Maybe they don't really impact much but the ass end feels more stable and less roll. I don't like the roll feeling at all, and I know I could install a rear sway bar but I'm not sure it's necessary with the CB shackles in there. The truck now has a slight rake but it's not really noticeable, if anything it looks more level than before, and I like that it won't squat when loaded down. Thumbs up to CoachBuilder on the awesome shackles and poly bushings!
The Following User Says Thank You to Trout_Addict For This Useful Post:
Keisuketak (01-12-2019)
post #13 of 32 (permalink) Old 03-17-2017, 03:04 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Waiting for my CB parts to arrive. Cant wait to install them on my pro!!!
post #14 of 32 (permalink) Old 03-22-2017, 01:30 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Did anyone here install the front shims themselves? Trying to avoid some of the high Bay Area labor rates.

Malone/LYCAN – NorCal

2016 Tundra TRD Pro
Toyo Open Country R/T 35/12.50R17 // Method Race Wheels Double Standard 17x8.5+0mm // UnderCover Ridgelander // Ekstrom Design Shims/+3" Shackles
post #15 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-02-2017, 09:32 AM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trout_Addict View Post

I assume you are using the stock rear shocks....
Did you have a problem with the shocks bottoming out? (axle not dropping enough to install the shackle bolts)
If you did... Did you force the leaf spring down to get the bolts installed? Or unbolt the shocks until you had everything installed?

Are you concerned with the rear suspension fully extending and damaging the rear shocks and exhaust?

2017 Tundra Pro
2015 Platinum Crew Max (traded)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum > Tundra Discussion > Tundra TRD Pro

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in