Excessive Squat Towing Mustang - Page 2 - TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-06-2017, 12:41 AM
WBW

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
I don't know if this will help much at all because my Tundra is a) 2WD; and, b) stock ride height. I do think the rear of both trucks are at about the same height from the ground with the trailers loaded. I think the difference that you are experiencing is what @Powertechn2 was saying earlier regarding the original rake.

It looks to me from your photos that the rear of your truck is not dropping any lower than mine. Instead it APPEARS that it is lower than mine in the rear because the front is higher than mine.

I provided photos that you can use to compare with as we can compare apples to apples here regarding U-Haul's auto transport trailers and somewhat relatively similar weight vehicles loaded (not exact though).

My .02 worth...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Towing 1.jpg (190.8 KB, 66 views)
File Type: jpg Towing 2.jpg (198.0 KB, 52 views)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2015 CM Tundra
2009 Honda Rebel
2005 Honda Goldwing (his) & 2004 Goldwing Trike (hers)
1992 Ford Crown Victoria LX
1991 Chevrolet Corvette 1997 Toyota Camry
1989 Daihatsu Charade CLS
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WBW For This Useful Post:
Les_Paul (08-06-2017), Powertechn2 (08-06-2017)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-06-2017, 01:02 AM

Thanked 1,739 Times in 1,146 Posts
Mentioned: 63 Post(s)
Quoted: 1081 Post(s)
Garage
The problem is the Mustang has creepy eyeballs...oh, and your house is leaning to the left a bit...might want to get that checked.

Sent from my Atari 2600
post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-10-2017, 03:19 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Excessive Squat Towing Mustang

plain and simple. Too much tongue weight. Look in the owners manual and see what you are rated at, and stay there. Reduce tongue weight by moving the load back on your trailer, to within acceptable limits.

Too little tongue weight will result in trailer sway, so do not over do moving the load back.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum > Tundra Discussion > Tundra Towing & Hauling

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in