questions/advice on 5100's on rockwarrior - TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-27-2019, 06:25 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
questions/advice on 5100's on rockwarrior

hey guys, not trying to beat a dead horse but i did a quick search and didnt come up with anything

so i have an 2011 rock warrior double cab, i understand that they have alittle more lift in the front end than stock? after i asked a manufacture about their leveling kit saying it didnt work with the RW. looking into the 5100's i think im gonna install them front and rear (i got almost 100,000 on the truck might as well change the rear too).

so i guess the question is on a rock warrior what setting are you guys setting them at for the truck to be more level

also i need new tires, i don't have any interest in super expensive tires. when leveling did you go with a taller tire? i might just for back to the destination A/t's ive been running but i dont want it to look funky

thanks

neal
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-28-2019, 05:48 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Garage
I put the 5100's on my 2011 RW front and rear using the bottom setting on the front. With the weight of the supercharger and front receiver hitch I still have a bit of rake which is what I was looking for as I tow and haul stuff regularly. Will leave the tire question for someone else as I run the stock size myself...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The Following User Says Thank You to MrMax For This Useful Post:
Shepp81 (02-28-2019)
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-28-2019, 06:36 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMax View Post
I put the 5100's on my 2011 RW front and rear using the bottom setting on the front. With the weight of the supercharger and front receiver hitch I still have a bit of rake which is what I was looking for as I tow and haul stuff regularly. Will leave the tire question for someone else as I run the stock size myself...
thanks, do you think with out that extra weight it would be level? i just dont wanna get it all put together and be unhappy with it......either that stupid saggy ass look or still being raked more than it could be

Last edited by Shepp81; 02-28-2019 at 06:39 PM.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-28-2019, 07:36 PM

Garage
I think it would be pretty close visually with just the slightest bit of rake maybe. I hate the saggy ass look myself, and Ive seen guys with perfectly level rigs park on a bit of an incline or throw a couple hundred pounds of something in the back...and walla...saggy ass squat

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-28-2019, 09:43 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
i dont mind the saggy ass loaded look, it happens and i dont haul stuff often, actually might help for unloading my quad LOL. I hate the new trendy saggy ass aka i cant aford a conplete lift look
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-01-2019, 06:05 AM

Quoted: 38 Post(s)
One thing about the Tundras to me seems to be even when the truck is numbers level it looks looks slightly nose up. I put 5100’s on in top setting which leveled it by the numbers but didn’t look level, so I added 1” shackles. This produced a slight rake, a little more than level but definitely less than stock. I think when you get to these types of personal preferences everyone’s truck sits a little different so sometimes you just gotta take the risk and do it, you can always adjust if you don’t like it.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-01-2019, 07:03 AM

Garage
What 2underpar says make's a lot of sense, and I have observed this as well...Hence my use of the word's "looks" and "visually" level by the numbers actually looks saggy in the back to me. I tow/haul frequently and prefer a little rake visually on my unloaded truck. Of course I also have air bags so when I am loaded/hooked up and towing I have the ability to fine tune the squat away...If you are looking for numbers(measuring tape) level unloaded you may be better served by using the middle setting. But regarding this...I have no personal knowledge.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum > Tundra Discussion > Tundra Suspension Talk

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in