Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

Anyone tried a Spindle lift on their 4X2

11K views 25 replies 10 participants last post by  mattpowe 
#1 ·
I currently run 5100's at middle setting with two CB shims each side. This setup gave me around 2.5" but it took two tries at the alignment to get good numbers. I will probably take out at least one shim but I would also like to go up a few more inches. After speaking with David Ekstrom from Coachbuilder, it would appear a spindle lift is compatible with my existing setup.
Has anyone gone with spindles? If so what is your impression?

#2 ·
Sitting in my office as we speak. They dont effect ride. I have the Maxtrac ones.

#5 ·
I have run the Maxtrac spindles for over two years now and love them. You will have no problem with alignment. They keep all angles stock. I highly recommend them for lift if you are 2WD. I installed them myself. Not a tough job. Only took about 3-4 hours and 3-4 beers. :)

#6 ·
Only took about 3-4 hours and 3-4 beers
Hardest part or any tips to give? I'm thinking of trying friday while all the shopping madness is going on

#10 ·
The install was pretty straight forward. I just followed the included instructions.

#11 ·

Needs bigger tires now.

#13 ·
Bilstein 5100's
2 CB shims per side
maxtrac 3.5" lift spindles
and a 3" block in the rear (for now) with Zone offroad extended shocks

#15 ·
Installed my MaxTrac spindles myself as well - not difficult, the instructions were pretty good. Need some large sockets for the lower ball joint and may want to consider Coachbuilders tie rod ends. No issues with getting it into alignment, its a very smart way to lift a 2WD.

#21 ·
Im running 34"s with the Bilstien 5100 setup and a couple CB shims per side. I had a good alignment but I am getting some clicks and clanks occasionally when I turn hard right left and reverse. Not sure exactly what is rubbing but Im considering going a different route with the spindles instead. I dont want to tear up the front suspension.

#23 ·
Bilstein 5100's CB shims and Maxtrac Spindles with Toyo AT 295/65/20's True 35" tall tire

#25 ·
Like 6.5" maybe a touch more. The spindles are 3.5. The Bilsteins on the top setting are what 2.5? Plus another 1" for the 2 CB shims

Reactions: mattpowe
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.