Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

Want to lift my tundra, but don't know where to start...

3K views 22 replies 7 participants last post by  acolytes 
#1 ·
I have a 04 tundra srs 2 wheel drive (rear wheel). When I bought the truck about 7 months ago, the guy I bought it from, who is also my mechanic told me that it has a 3in lift.

As You can see the front is a lot lower then the rear. I want to try to put some height onto the front, to level it. But at the same time i want my truck to sit higher in general.

So can I add lifts onto each other?
And what should I be looking at to buy?

Thank You.

Attachments

See less See more
#4 · (Edited)
I want to stay under like $300 if thats even possible, if I have to go up in price a little bit more, i can. and i take my dirtbikes to and from races, so although i dont have 4 wheel drive, I do have to go offroad to get to these races, so i would like to gain more clearance in the front end.

#10 ·
There are no pics of the top coil bucket, so I can't see if there are spacers on it, but by judging the gap from the lower control arm and bumpstop, I agree with dissipator. It looks stock, bro. Do Bilstein 5100's, you'll get lift and new shocks up front (from the pics, it looks like you're long overdue on shocks).

#17 · (Edited)
@acolytes
Im going to order these soon, but wanted to ensure that they would be good. here is the link

Bilstein - 5100 Series Ride Height Adjustable Shock Absorber | 4WheelParts.com

BILSTEIN Truck & Off Road - 5100 Series Shocks - SOHi Performance - Your best source for genuine automotive parts!

http://www.4wheelparts.com/Lift-Kit...8GCqjLxxVf-CQCbycVFTxlBzgRU0ASr8b4aAvBT8P8HAQ

and I dont really know the average cost of installation, and i don't want to get ripped off, do you know an average cost? Thanks!

#18 ·
@acolytes
Im going to order these soon, but wanted to ensure that they would be good. here is the link

Bilstein - 5100 Series Ride Height Adjustable Shock Absorber | 4WheelParts.com

BILSTEIN Truck & Off Road - 5100 Series Shocks - SOHi Performance - Your best source for genuine automotive parts!

Fabtech - Performance Twin Tube Shock Absorber | 4WheelParts.com

and I dont really know the average cost of installation, and i don't want to get ripped off, do you know an average cost? Thanks!
That's it.. Just make sure they are for your truck. I didn't see anywhere that mentioned fitment. Forum member Keith @dirtydeeds sell 5100's also. You may want to contact him to see what kind of deal he may be able to cut you. I heard the gen 2 5100's are scarce. I haven't heard any issues with the gen 1's. I think around $250 for the fronts is fair. You may want to price shop the labor. Pretty much any shop with a spring compressor can do the job. The rears are easy.

#20 · (Edited)
I have a 2015 SR5 TRD Off Road 4x4 with the stock Bilsteins and was looking at this:

http://www.procompusa.com/suspension-product-details.aspx?pt=9333&pl=107753

It looks like it'd give me +1" in the rear and +3" to level me in the front, so overall a +1" lift and level front. Which my understanding is the best I can do without buying a full on lift kit which I was avoiding because of $ and I thought my Bilsteins were great and an upgrade that I paid for!

Any recommendations? I'm mostly pavement, not doing crazy off roading (maybe light every once in a while) and will be pulling a light ski boat or jet ski trailer in the future.

I'm wanting to get a little bit of lift and then pull the trigger on after-market tires/wheels (whatever best fits) to give my truck a more aggressive stance/look. Some Nitto G2s that stick out a little. You know, nice and meaner

Any advice greatly appreciated!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.