Want to lift my tundra, but don't know where to start... - Page 2 - TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-17-2015, 06:18 PM
Premium Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 156 Post(s)
There is definitely no lift on there, that's stock height. 5100's like said above. I would get a new mechanic to if the guy lied to you about a lift...

2005 DC 4x4
Fox 2.5's front/ 2.0 rear
TC UCA
Method Double Standard 17"
Falken AT3 285/70/17
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-19-2015, 12:19 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
@acolytes
Im going to order these soon, but wanted to ensure that they would be good. here is the link

Bilstein - 5100 Series Ride Height Adjustable Shock Absorber | 4WheelParts.com

BILSTEIN Truck & Off Road - 5100 Series Shocks - SOHi Performance - Your best source for genuine automotive parts!

http://www.4wheelparts.com/Lift-Kits...8b4aAvBT8P8HAQ

and I dont really know the average cost of installation, and i don't want to get ripped off, do you know an average cost? Thanks!

Im a Motocross Racer
University Of KY
Love the Truck life.

Last edited by Ellen Janulis; 09-19-2015 at 01:05 PM.
post #18 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-19-2015, 01:19 PM

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 387 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellen Janulis View Post
@acolytes
Im going to order these soon, but wanted to ensure that they would be good. here is the link

Bilstein - 5100 Series Ride Height Adjustable Shock Absorber | 4WheelParts.com

BILSTEIN Truck & Off Road - 5100 Series Shocks - SOHi Performance - Your best source for genuine automotive parts!

Fabtech - Performance Twin Tube Shock Absorber | 4WheelParts.com

and I dont really know the average cost of installation, and i don't want to get ripped off, do you know an average cost? Thanks!
That's it.. Just make sure they are for your truck. I didn't see anywhere that mentioned fitment. Forum member Keith @dirtydeeds sell 5100's also. You may want to contact him to see what kind of deal he may be able to cut you. I heard the gen 2 5100's are scarce. I haven't heard any issues with the gen 1's. I think around $250 for the fronts is fair. You may want to price shop the labor. Pretty much any shop with a spring compressor can do the job. The rears are easy.

Molon Labe

post #19 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-24-2015, 10:59 AM

Thanked 10,547 Times in 4,882 Posts
Mentioned: 825 Post(s)
Tagged: 6 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1216 Post(s)
Garage
Thanks @acolytes ^!!!
post #20 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-27-2015, 10:41 PM

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
I have a 2015 SR5 TRD Off Road 4x4 with the stock Bilsteins and was looking at this:

http://www.procompusa.com/suspension...9333&pl=107753

It looks like it'd give me +1" in the rear and +3" to level me in the front, so overall a +1" lift and level front. Which my understanding is the best I can do without buying a full on lift kit which I was avoiding because of $ and I thought my Bilsteins were great and an upgrade that I paid for!

Any recommendations? I'm mostly pavement, not doing crazy off roading (maybe light every once in a while) and will be pulling a light ski boat or jet ski trailer in the future.

I'm wanting to get a little bit of lift and then pull the trigger on after-market tires/wheels (whatever best fits) to give my truck a more aggressive stance/look. Some Nitto G2s that stick out a little. You know, nice and meaner

Any advice greatly appreciated!

Last edited by zer0star; 09-27-2015 at 10:45 PM.
post #21 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-27-2015, 11:42 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by zer0star View Post
I have a 2015 SR5 TRD Off Road 4x4 with the stock Bilsteins and was looking at this:

It looks like it'd give me +1" in the rear and +3" to level me in the front, so overall a +1" lift and level front. Which my understanding is the best I can do without buying a full on lift kit which I was avoiding because of $ and I thought my Bilsteins were great and an upgrade that I paid for!

Any recommendations? I'm mostly pavement, not doing crazy off roading (maybe light every once in a while) and will be pulling a light ski boat or jet ski trailer in the future.

I'm wanting to get a little bit of lift and then pull the trigger on after-market tires/wheels (whatever best fits) to give my truck a more aggressive stance/look. Some Nitto G2s that stick out a little. You know, nice and meaner

That's just spacers up front and rear blocks. I'd pass on it.

Molon Labe
post #22 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-27-2015, 11:46 PM

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by acolytes View Post
Quote:

That's just spacers up front and rear blocks. I'd pass on it.
Thanks! Agreed, I'm getting educated I'm going to get Coachbuilder shackles and new Bilstein adjustable 5100s up front.

Last edited by zer0star; 09-28-2015 at 12:01 AM.
post #23 of 23 (permalink) Old 09-27-2015, 11:51 PM

Garage
Quote:
Thanks! Agreed, I'm getting educated am am going to get Coachbuilder shackles and new Bilstein adjustible 5100s up front.
Much better choice. If you're going to spend money, might as well get something that actually enchances your suspension instead of limiting it.

Molon Labe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum > Tundra Discussion > Tundra Suspension Talk

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in