Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

2014 CM Limited lift qustion

1K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  Coachbuilder1 
#1 ·
I want to put new tires on my truck. I currently have P275/55/R20's. I would like to go a little taller and wider. Can I do this without lifting. If I need to lift, I only want a couple inches. Thanks for the help.

#2 ·
you may can go a smidge taller/wider but not much without rubbing...however minor/major it may be. I think that comes down to wheel offset for the most part. the other part is lift height.

if I were in that situation (which I was just a few months ago) I would do it right and be done with it. im no expert but I can tell you what worked perfectly for me.
my story.....I chose a spacer lift kit so I could get 295/70r18 tires to go along with ultra gauntlet +25 offset wheels. that was a 3" front lift, 2" rear. even with that height, I had to remove mud flaps and trim the fender lining. still had real bad rubbing in reverse at 3/4-full lock. this spacer kit sucked!!!! it started digging into my coil springs after only 4 miles. both sides has a dugout mark in the steel spring.

do yourself a favor and pay attention here........ for the money and ride quality, get yourself the OME setup. for a 4x4 crewmax, you will want the 614's. you may or may not need new UCA's but I would plan to get them anyways...specially if money isn't an object. this should give about 3" after the struts settle a bit. for the rear, contact @Coachbuilder1 and get yourself his +3 shackles and poly bushing kit. that will give you 1.75" in the rear and I believe that should level your truck. throw on the OME 60100 shocks as well.
yes this in expensive but you will achieve a very nice lift that is fully capable and you wont have to worry about anything. plus you should be able to get larger tires...both tall and wide.....depending on the wheels you go with. WHATEVER YOU DO....DO NOT go for the spacer lift kit. ome is only a few hundred bucks more but 50,000% better!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.