Rough Country 6" lift with ICON 6" Coil-Overs - TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-16-2014, 04:28 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
Rough Country 6" lift with ICON 6" Coil-Overs

Anybody running this setup or anything similar? Looking to do away with the stock coils with 6" spacer for a one piece design with better handling. Getting to the point where I see a bump in the road and cringe. I know I got a budget drop bracket lift and I knew what to expect, just checking my options.

2007-Current Tundra ICON Coil-Over's For Rough Country 6" Lift | ICON Vehicle Dynamics | SoCal SuperTrucks

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2012 Tundra Rock Warrior CrewMax - SITH Infiltrator
6" Rough Country Lift w/ Skyjacker M95 shocks
1"-2" Adjustable Lift Shackles
20x9 Moto Metal Style 961's w/ 35" Nitto Trail Grapplers
Full Size 35" Matching Spare Mounted Under Bed
BAMuffler
K&N CAI
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-16-2014, 07:49 PM
Premium Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 51 Post(s)
I ended up getting a stage one pro comp lift so I too have the spacer but the procomp lift does come with new front shocks. I plan to change to some adjustable coilovers so I can hopefully get a bit more lift in the future.... 37x13.50 one day lol! Subscribing

2014 4Runner Limited Blizzard Pearl- Wife's
2014 Tundra SR5 TSS Edition 5.7L

ProComp 6" lift, XD809 18x9 -12 offset, Trail Grappler 35x12.50, Hypertech Speedo Calibrator, Drivers Handle, Coachbuilder Driveline Spacer

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-17-2014, 04:10 PM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Yeah, I'm not looking for more lift. Just a better ride and better overall absorption of road bumps and whatnot. Hoping to hear from someone to see if there's a big noticeable difference or not. Thinking about the rears too, if I should just replace the rear shocks with a quality set with remote reservoirs or also dump the blocks and get longer springs.

BAMuffler
K&N CAI

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-17-2014, 04:47 PM
Premium Member

Thanked 2,016 Times in 1,001 Posts
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Garage
I've got the RCX 6" myself and planned on running the Fat Bob's Garage adjustable coilovers instead of the stock shocks. I emailed them and asked if the coilovers would adjust down to the factory shock length and they said yes.

I figured with the coilover no where near being cranked, they would probably ride really nice.

I installed the Fat Bob's on my buddy truck and they are at about 3.5" of lift and I thought they rode really nice for the amount they were cranked. His truck handled bump better then mine does.

As for the rear I have the Skyjacker extended length shocks. My lift set up in the rear is CB1's +3 shackles and a 3" block. I really don't have a complain with the way it rides.

People that ride with me say they are surprised at how smooth it is. The skyjackers were a good upgrade from the silver shocks that came on the kit.

Lifted Tundra Club (LTC) Member #7
08 5.7 DC Super White/tan interior, RCX 6in lift w/ CB1 +3 shackles & blocks, 18in Ballistic Jesters w/ 35x12.50 Trail Grapplers, ARE CX Series, Colormatched Bumper & grille w/ T-Rex mesh insert, BHLM w/Plasma Halo's and HID's, 8in BAmuffler dumped, 5% rears 25% fronts, LED Tails, Pioneer AppRadio 3 w/ DVD bypass & Andriod MirrorLink, 2 Cerwin Vega 10's, Sound deadener, LED interior, Plasti-dip everywhere, Black Weathertecks, N-Fab 6 steps, AVS in-channels, lots not listed and more to come!!!
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-17-2014, 04:54 PM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgoin View Post
As for the rear I have the Skyjacker extended length shocks. My lift set up in the rear is CB1's +3 shackles and a 3" block. I really don't have a complain with the way it rides.
Yeah, I messaged with you about the Skyjacker rear shocks when one of my rear adapters broke and my shock dropped to the ground. That's really what got me thinking about this whole mess. Whether to just upgrade everything or just deal with the harshness.

BAMuffler
K&N CAI
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-17-2014, 04:59 PM
Premium Member

Garage
I remembered that we talked as I was typing about the rears.

I really think that just changing the front shock out with the adjustable ones will make a huge difference in the ride, even with the big ass spacer still there.

Sadly I won't have the tundra after next March or April so I'm not really looking to upgrade anything else on it. But still interested in hearing what others have done.

08 5.7 DC Super White/tan interior, RCX 6in lift w/ CB1 +3 shackles & blocks, 18in Ballistic Jesters w/ 35x12.50 Trail Grapplers, ARE CX Series, Colormatched Bumper & grille w/ T-Rex mesh insert, BHLM w/Plasma Halo's and HID's, 8in BAmuffler dumped, 5% rears 25% fronts, LED Tails, Pioneer AppRadio 3 w/ DVD bypass & Andriod MirrorLink, 2 Cerwin Vega 10's, Sound deadener, LED interior, Plasti-dip everywhere, Black Weathertecks, N-Fab 6 steps, AVS in-channels, lots not listed and more to come!!!
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-17-2014, 05:35 PM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
I really think that just changing the front shock out with the adjustable ones will make a huge difference in the ride, even with the big ass spacer still there.

Sadly I won't have the tundra after next March or April so I'm not really looking to upgrade anything else on it. But still interested in hearing what others have done.
So if that's the case, if I swapped out the stock coils and the spacer with the extended 6" Icon coils seems like it'd be an even bigger improvement.

Why won't you have the Tundra?

BAMuffler
K&N CAI
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-17-2014, 06:00 PM
Premium Member

Garage
Yeah, I just looked at that link. I bet those would be perfect for it.

I'm selling the tundra since I'm at 206k miles (nothings wrong tho) and it's not a 4wd or full cab.

I buy my trucks from my company at really cheap prices and my boss has a 2011 Ford F-250 4wd crew cab 6.2L that will be up for sale at that time. I'm not a ford man by any means but it will be the cheapest way for me to get into a 4wd and I know my boss takes really good care of his trucks. It's at 96k miles with not one issues and he said at 100k it will be getting all new fluids.

Love the shit out of my tundra, it's the first truck I've modded and feel like I know it 100% inside and out. But Can't pass up this good of a deal.

post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-17-2014, 07:05 PM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 299 Post(s)
Garage
I wonder if you could get away with running these? Im no expert by any means but I don't figure it would matter which brand of lift you have when it comes to the coil overs. I could be wrong though.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Toyota-Tundr...-/251321188119

2011 super white cm 4x4 SR5 5.7 leveled on 20" xd monsters with 295/55/20 nitto trails.

Last edited by Ben_iv; 10-17-2014 at 07:08 PM.
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-20-2014, 11:51 AM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
But Can't pass up this good of a deal.
You got to do what you got to do. No shame there.

BAMuffler
K&N CAI
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-20-2014, 11:53 AM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben_iv View Post
I wonder if you could get away with running these? Im no expert by any means but I don't figure it would matter which brand of lift you have when it comes to the coil overs. I could be wrong though.

Toyota Tundra BDS Fox 2 5 Coil Over Upgrade for 7? Suspension Lift 2007 2012 | eBay
That's kinda what i was thinking, but the brackets are different for each brand of lift so there could be some clearance issues with the moving parts and all.

BAMuffler
K&N CAI
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-20-2014, 03:08 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Icon makes a specific leangth coil over for the rouph country / rcx lifts.Nothing wrong with the rcx lifts a few coworkers have them on there fords and chevies.But they do run a shorter coil over than the ones used on the procomp lift and will not work.But as for the icons in general they ride nice.They are firm but not rouph.Bds or the fox coil overs will also not work bds and procomp use same leangth.Also if you get standard non lifted adjustable coil overs you don't want to use the strut block that came with the kit you will half to compensate for the added lift of the coil and go down on block size.It may sit where you want it but the droop will be to much and may cause problems.Brake brake lines vsc wire premature wear on cv/cv boots bushings balljoints and possible part failure.

Here is a link for the rouph country coils.You can problubly find the for a little less but the part number you would want is 58652
http://www.socalsupertrucks.com/Icon...x#.VEVf-ZUtBhE
Pro comp and bds icons are part number 58651.

AFE cold air intake stage 2 magnum force.
Spintech true duals xpipe 2 pro 6000 down pipes.
PROCOMP 7 inch lift kit pro series rear shock/uca's.
ICON 6-7 inch lifted coil overs.
Street Taco 4" carrier bearing drop bracket.
N-FAB black tx step bars.
XD series 20x10-12 monsters in black wraped in 35x1250 Nitto grapler MT.

Last edited by Turttle; 10-20-2014 at 03:36 PM.
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-20-2014, 05:04 PM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turttle View Post
Icon makes a specific leangth coil over for the rouph country / rcx lifts.Nothing wrong with the rcx lifts a few coworkers have them on there fords and chevies.But they do run a shorter coil over than the ones used on the procomp lift and will not work.But as for the icons in general they ride nice.They are firm but not rouph.Bds or the fox coil overs will also not work bds and procomp use same leangth.Also if you get standard non lifted adjustable coil overs you don't want to use the strut block that came with the kit you will half to compensate for the added lift of the coil and go down on block size.It may sit where you want it but the droop will be to much and may cause problems.Brake brake lines vsc wire premature wear on cv/cv boots bushings balljoints and possible part failure.

Here is a link for the rouph country coils.You can problubly find the for a little less but the part number you would want is 58652
2007-Current Tundra ICON Coil-Over's For Rough Country 6" Lift | ICON Vehicle Dynamics | SoCal SuperTrucks
Pro comp and bds icons are part number 58651.
Yeah, those were the ones I was looking at. Icon doesn't even list that part number on their site. Only the one for the ProComp lift.

BAMuffler
K&N CAI
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-01-2014, 09:34 AM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
All kinda of new to me in terms of what lift kit to get : currently running a 3/1 kit but think I want to raise the rig. What do y'all suggest as an economical way to lift, with quality? Apart from 3/1 suspension is RW stock.

Guess I want it all haha!

TIA

Black Tundra Club Member #118
^^^Rock Warrior Club^^^ #15
New England Tundra Club Member #18
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-21-2015, 05:14 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
What mpg are you guys getting with the lifted trucks??

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum > Tundra Discussion > Tundra Suspension Talk

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in