2018 TRD HeadUnit bizzerk - TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum
User Tag List

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-12-2019, 08:48 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Northern Maryland
Posts: 683
Thanks: 169
Thanked 179 Times in 145 Posts
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 187 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
2018 TRD HeadUnit bizzerk

my head unit ( radio to us older folks )

Yesterday i was playing FM radio ( yes) and out of nowhere it started beeping and changing pre set stations by itself .
Lil disturbing and annoying.
Went away .
Next day just when i thought it was a fluke ,, YEP started beeping and changing stations by it self again.
Truck is clean , steering wheel controls and radio screen clean and have had no goop or anything spilled into them.

24hrsparkey

2018 TRD OffRoad 5.7 gasser

Last edited by 24hrsparkey; 09-12-2019 at 08:56 AM.
24hrsparkey is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-12-2019, 09:16 AM
Senior Member
 
purplenova's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Ohio
Posts: 422
Thanks: 68
Thanked 86 Times in 74 Posts
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 119 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 24hrsparkey View Post
my head unit ( radio to us older folks )

Yesterday i was playing FM radio ( yes) and out of nowhere it started beeping and changing pre set stations by itself .
Lil disturbing and annoying.
Went away .
Next day just when i thought it was a fluke ,, YEP started beeping and changing stations by it self again.
Truck is clean , steering wheel controls and radio screen clean and have had no goop or anything spilled into them.

24hrsparkey
Wouldnt that be covered under warranty ?

2016 SR5 CrewMax 4x4

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


Other Vehicles:
2011 - SR5 Crewmax Silver Sky Metallic
2015 - Black RAV4 XLE AWD
2003 - Suzuki Volusia
purplenova is offline  
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-12-2019, 09:20 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Northern Maryland
Posts: 683
Thanks: 169
Thanked 179 Times in 145 Posts
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 187 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by purplenova View Post
Wouldnt that be covered under warranty ?
Most likely yes .

Just wondering if any others have experienced same .

PLUS im not big on dealerships or taking vehicles in for work . Looks like ill have to go and also get the 2 reprogramming safety system things done as well. Arrg.

2018 TRD OffRoad 5.7 gasser
24hrsparkey is offline  
 
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-12-2019, 10:59 AM
Senior Member
Premium Member
 
Azblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 4,586
Thanks: 7,289
Thanked 16,926 Times in 7,968 Posts
Mentioned: 777 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8964 Post(s)
Garage
My 2014 does that sometimes (not often). For some reason it seems only on a humid morning like after a rain and then is fine afterwards
I couldn't do warranty cause it's a OEM navigation HU I installed, truck didn't come with nav.
I just ignore it as it only happens maybe once or twice a year


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Save The Chrome Club #1
SAVE THE CHROME!!!
Azblue is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to Azblue For This Useful Post:
24hrsparkey (09-12-2019)
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-12-2019, 10:59 AM
Senior Member
 
purplenova's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Ohio
Posts: 422
Thanks: 68
Thanked 86 Times in 74 Posts
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 119 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 24hrsparkey View Post
Most likely yes .

Just wondering if any others have experienced same .

PLUS im not big on dealerships or taking vehicles in for work . Looks like ill have to go and also get the 2 reprogramming safety system things done as well. Arrg.
I understand not wanting to go, I hate it too, but if its covered, make them fix it. I dont go in unless its a warranty issue. Plus, you paid a ton of $$ for your ride, make them accountable.

Right now, im going in to get the drip rail molding replaced AGAIN, since 5/20/2019. Whatever they changed on this molding for the 3rd Gen Tundra isnt working.
Never had an issue on my 2011. If this one comes off, im gonna call corp and complain and take it to another Toyota Dealership.

2016 SR5 CrewMax 4x4

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


Other Vehicles:
2011 - SR5 Crewmax Silver Sky Metallic
2015 - Black RAV4 XLE AWD
2003 - Suzuki Volusia
purplenova is offline  
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-12-2019, 01:26 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Northern Maryland
Posts: 683
Thanks: 169
Thanked 179 Times in 145 Posts
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 187 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by purplenova View Post
I understand not wanting to go, I hate it too, but if its covered, make them fix it. I dont go in unless its a warranty issue. Plus, you paid a ton of $$ for your ride, make them accountable.

Right now, im going in to get the drip rail molding replaced AGAIN, since 5/20/2019. Whatever they changed on this molding for the 3rd Gen Tundra isnt working.
Never had an issue on my 2011. If this one comes off, im gonna call corp and complain and take it to another Toyota Dealership.

Good luck man !

2018 TRD OffRoad 5.7 gasser
24hrsparkey is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum > Tundra Discussion > Tundra Problems: Maintenance, Repair & Dealer/Warranty Issues

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome