User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-23-2019, 06:13 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Radar Cruise Control

So, driving to my father in-laws this past weekend for Easter, my cruise control shut off, telling me it was unavailable and to clean the sensor. It did this 3 times on a 2.5 hr trip in the rain. So, I assumed water was getting into the vent holes and my truck need that PSA (tape job) fix. I also noticed a slight wobble on the steering wheel. So when I dropped it off today with 2100 miles, ooh its 2019 SR5 CM 2WD, I wanted to get the oil changed also. So, they said they couldn't reproduce the radar sensor problem even with me showing them the pics I took when it happed. So, they said my truck wasn't part of that recall. When I look at the back of the sensor, I can't see any vent holes and it looks different than the ones Ive seen in pics on youtube. So, my question is, has anybody else had this happen and what is the fix?? Also, Jessica said that its normal for that sensor to do that during the rain!! OOOOOOOOOKAAAAAYYY!! On a good note, they couldn't balance the front tires and something about excessive wear for 2000 miles, so they put 2 new ones on (Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs) no charge!!! Anyone have problems with their goodyears like that???

I'm what Willis was talking about!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-23-2019, 07:50 PM
Premium Member

Thanked 1,231 Times in 533 Posts
Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Quoted: 288 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdtuck4 View Post
So, my question is, has anybody else had this happen and what is the fix?? Also, Jessica said that its normal for that sensor to do that during the rain!! OOOOOOOOOKAAAAAYYY!!
Jessica is correct.
Here is a page from TIS regarding the dynamic radar cruise on the Tundra:

(e) To avoid serious injury or death, do not use the dynamic radar cruise control system under the following road conditions. The dynamic radar cruise control system may automatically cancel when it detects poor weather.

(1) In poor weather (such as rain, fog, snow, sandstorms and so on), vehicle-to-vehicle distance may not be measured accurately.

(2) When the emblem in front of the millimeter wave radar sensor assembly is coated with raindrops or snowflakes, the vehicle-to-vehicle distance may not be measured accurately.

(3) When the windshield glass is coated with raindrops or snowflakes, the vehicle-to-vehicle distance may not be measured accurately.

(4) On roads with heavy traffic or sharp bends, an appropriate speed may not be maintained, resulting in death or serious injury.

(5) On slippery road surfaces (icy or snow-covered roads), the tires may spin, causing a loss of control.

(6) On steep downhill slopes, if no vehicles are detected ahead, insufficient engine braking may cause the preset speed to be exceeded, possibly resulting in death or serious injury. Even if a vehicle is detected ahead, the delay in deceleration timing could result in death or serious injury.

(7) The vehicle is being repeatedly accelerated and decelerated in traffic.

(8) When exiting the main lanes of a motor way to enter an interchange, service area, parking area and so on while using the dynamic radar cruise control system, and after having followed a slower vehicle, the sensor may not be able to detect the vehicle ahead and the vehicle speed may be accelerated to the set speed. This may result in serious injuries and death.

(9) On road with steep, short inclines and declines, the sensor may not be able to detect the vehicle ahead and may reduce the vehicle-to-vehicle distance by too much. This may result in serious injuries and death.

(10) Towing something may lead to performance decline.

(11) When the pre-collision city buzzer (skid control buzzer assembly) sounds frequently, do not use the dynamic radar cruise control system.

2010 RCSB ([email protected] on NOS) - AWD conversion, Pauter rods, JE 8.5:1 pistons, Ti int & SS exh valves, Ti retainers, 5 angle valve job, P&P heads, TRD SC w/ 50mm pulley, ASP crank pulley, 84mm TB, SABM, IPT VB, JBA LTs, Killer Chiller, 1.25 Gal IC tank, Frozenboost 101 HE, IKH-24 plugs, 325 LPH AM FP, 2"/4" Belltech drop, weight reduction
2008 DCLB (331whp/336wtq) - AWD conversion, IS250 paddle shifters, 12" BP lift + 1" spacer + Toytec 3" shackles + 4" blocks, Airlift bags, 17" MotoMetals with 37x12.5 Coopers + 3" spacers, ARB frt bumper, KC 8" lights, flares, LEER canopy
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-23-2019, 09:00 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
thanks viktor for the speedy response and for the useful info. I was going to pull out the owners manual later on and see what one of the lights was, guess I'll be reading that instead of videos this evening.

I'm what Willis was talking about!!
The Following User Says Thank You to Jdtuck4 For This Useful Post:
ViktorG (04-25-2019)

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-24-2019, 07:22 AM

Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdtuck4 View Post
...On a good note, they couldn't balance the front tires and something about excessive wear for 2000 miles, so they put 2 new ones on (Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs) no charge!!! Anyone have problems with their goodyears like that???
Did they do something else besides replace the tires? How sure are you that it was the tires and not something else causing the excessive tire wear problem?

2015 Double Cab SR5 TRD Off Road

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum > Tundra Discussion > Tundra Problems: Maintenance, Repair & Dealer/Warranty Issues

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in