post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 04:08 PM Thread Starter
Premium Member
Premium Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Mirror switch dies mid-mod

With a new (to me) camper in tow, I've installed power-fold tow mirrors on my '11 SR5 CM. My truck didn't come with power-folds stock, so I ran the two extra wires required to make that function work. The passenger side mirror folded fine after the mod, but the driver's side required some troubleshooting. It ended up being a problem with the mirror motor itself.

While troubleshooting the driver's side, I was folding/unfolding the passenger side while I had a multimeter on the driver's side footwell pins to make sure I was on the right ones. At some point in all this, the passenger mirror stopped folding. I thought something went wrong, but it turns out that no buttons on my mirror switch work at all. I plugged in my original mirror switch to make sure it wasn't the new switch, and still nothing.

In the middle of all this (although I don't remember exactly when), I ran the battery down. So my guess is that when the problem started, I just didn't have enough juice in the battery to work it. After the fact, my battery is fine and charged, but still no functions at the mirror switch. The MIR fuse in the inside fuse panel is fine. All connections are solid (didn't mess with factory stuff anyway).

Would love help with this. Any ideas?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 07:50 PM Thread Starter
Premium Member
Premium Member

(Thread Starter)
An update.

1. I began seeing other problems, like random error lights in the dash. I reset the ECU and those went away.

2. The turn signal LEDs and running light LEDs still operate fine in the mirrors. It's the mirror adjustment and folding that still doesn't work.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 08:10 PM Thread Starter
Premium Member
Premium Member

(Thread Starter)
Found the problem -- the ACC fuse. Apparently, the MIR fuse only controls the mirrors themselves. The ACC fuse sends power to the mirror switch.

Hope that helps someone.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum > Tundra Discussion > Tundra Problems: Maintenance, Repair & Dealer/Warranty Issues

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in