User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-16-2018, 04:09 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Wiper indexing issue

Hey all, I have an 16 Pro. Last night it snowed and I was not great about cleaning the entire window off and when I ad the wipers going the blade would not go all the way down because of the snow build up on the bottom/base. So today when the sun came out and I thoroughly cleaned the truck the wiper on the drivers side will not go all the way down to its resting position. It's not horrible but about 2-3 inches from the bottom or park position. Any thoughts on a fix? TIA.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-20-2019, 08:43 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
This trough where the wipers rest is becoming enough of an annoyance (and quite frankly a safety hazard when I can't pull off to clean it out on trips) that this may be the final thing for me to forget the Tundra. It just packs the snow down in that area and then freezes on the blades. Are there particular blades that prevent this? By the time I got into work this morning I had a 4 inch ball of ice packed onto the outer passenger side blade. I thought the first time it was just a heavy wet snow causing the issue, but this morning that isn't the case and it still does it. Aside from the vision issues while driving, it has to be doing a number on the wiper motor/linkages. Does a slimline silicone type blade make any difference? Anyone have a work around for this?
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-20-2019, 07:03 PM

Thanked 10,700 Times in 5,776 Posts
Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Quoted: 1645 Post(s)
Once the wiper arm rotates on the stem, it needs to be removed and re-clocked, aka put it back in the right position. The snow may have caused it to slip from it's proper location/orientation.

I have never had this issue, nor the issue with snow packing in the cowl area. And I live in Mi. I just clean the windshield, and use the defrost. The defrost heats the wiper area of the windshield, the rear defrost, and the mirrors... I always have used oem blades.

I have also not always cleaned the windshield properly, allowing snow to pack, but I have not had the wipers rotate on the shaft.

No issues with my Tundra's since 2010 like this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I put the Laughter in Slaughter, and the Fun in funeral.
KTM 450xc QUAD, Baldwin head, Ti valves, 8/06 cam, motoworks, goldspeed tires...
Gone/not forgotten: 2010 CM RW that was sweet,
NOW: 2017 Platinum. Tinted, trd duals, Exo Grapplers. Led h-lights and interior, Hard hat tonneau, line-x, Rancho uca/level'd
I like weapons. I dont capitalize, use spell check, or punctuate properly...
and you can call me Power.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-21-2019, 08:17 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
I had that happen to my wipers, but only going in the opposite direction. I had parked my truck after driving in some misty snowy crap and forgot to turn my wipers off of intermittent. The next day everything was frozen, so of coarse when I started my truck the wipers tried to move. My drivers side was way out of position so I figured that I had stripped something. Took it to the dealer and all they had to do was reposition the arm. This was covered under warranty.
The Following User Says Thank You to YorkT For This Useful Post:
Powertechn2 (02-21-2019)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum > Tundra Discussion > Tundra Problems: Maintenance, Repair & Dealer/Warranty Issues

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in