5.7 ticking sound AFTER driving on the highway - Page 2 - TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-08-2018, 01:44 PM
Premium Member

Thanked 1,225 Times in 527 Posts
Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 288 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyinhi1 View Post
So the question begs . . . If this is the case, am I causing serious damage to my engine every time I drive with this tacking sound?
I think before you start getting ahead of yourself, make sure that is the actual issue with your truck.
I am not near it to diagnose it, I just mentioned that I have seen weak tensioners making the type of noise you describe.
It also could be a multitude of other things.
"My engine makes a tack-tack-tack sound at a stop light" is not sufficient information to figure out what the issue is over the internet.
Have it diagnosed by a professional and you will know for sure what the problem is instead of guessing and worrying.

2010 RCSB ([email protected]) - AWD conversion, Pauter rods, JE 8.5:1 pistons, Ti int & SS exh valves, Ti retainers, 5 angle valve job, P&P heads, TRD SC w/ 50mm pulley, ASP crank pulley, 84mm TB, SABM, IPT VB, JBA LTs, Killer Chiller, 1.25 Gal IC tank, Frozenboost 101 HE, IKH-24 plugs, 325 LPH AM FP, 2"/4" Belltech drop, weight reduction
2008 DCLB (331whp/336wtq) - AWD conversion, IS250 paddle shifters, 12" BP lift + 1" spacer + Toytec 3" shackles + 4" blocks, Airlift bags, 17" MotoMetals with 37x12.5 Coopers + 3" spacers, ARB frt bumper, KC 8" lights, flares, LEER canopy
The Following User Says Thank You to ViktorG For This Useful Post:
riccnick (02-08-2018)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-08-2018, 09:12 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Yep. You're right Vik. I plan on taking it in possibly as soon as next week if I can. I have an event up the road in Phoenix this weekend that I want to drive to and was just trying to glean any info in case some one else had this same exact symptom happen to them and what they did to fix or understand it. Thanks for your input, amigo.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum > Tundra Discussion > Tundra Problems: Maintenance, Repair & Dealer/Warranty Issues

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in