Air pump bypass kit installed still in limp mode - Page 2 - TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-09-2017, 07:16 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 94 Post(s)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to toymdt For This Useful Post:
ACDan (02-09-2017), Mr. Creosote (02-09-2017)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-09-2017, 07:18 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 94 Post(s)
The valves are located under the intake in the back but I think you might be able to get to the connectors. I would start by taking a look around there for rodent damage, they love that part of the intake.
The Following User Says Thank You to toymdt For This Useful Post:
Mr. Creosote (02-09-2017)
post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-10-2017, 08:15 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
I should also note that truck won't idle on its own either. Idk if that the valves would cause this as well?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to jessemp For This Useful Post:
Mr. Creosote (02-10-2017)

post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-11-2017, 07:13 AM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Sounds like you have a separate issue to me. The mass airflow sensor bad?

I have a similar question but did not want to start a new thread. If this offends the OP, I will be happy start another...

At just under 80k my 2007 SR5 5.7 CM truck went into limp mode and the EPA BS induction pumps and valves needed changed. I have been reading about the DIY bypass and another person who sells PnP bypass kits on eBay. I tried one of the Ebay kits but the dashboard lights up like a Christmas tree! (traction control, 4Lo, check engine, etc.) I get a CEL of mass airflow sensor. I unplug, clear the codes and truck starts and runs fine. Plug the bypass back into the sensor and same thing happens and doesn’t want to run.

As I continue to do reading, it appears that the dealership not only replaces the pumps and valves but also reflashes the ECU, making the DIY bypass option not work. Is this correct?!? Is there now no way to disable this system or is another fix available?

My pumps and valves are working correctly, but I want to disable this system and never have to worry about this again. Any options?

Thanks for the input guys.

Chadrick
2007 5.7L Toyota Tundra CrewMax 4x4 with TRD Supercharger
Panther Realm 280C 20" Chrome wheels with Terra Grappler 305/55/20 (could be for sale), XD Hoss 20 with Nitto Terra Grappler 305/55/20, Zoomers Cat-Back Exhaust (Guys dumped the product and no longer support it), Custom Audio System
The Following User Says Thank You to CLToy For This Useful Post:
Mr. Creosote (02-11-2017)
post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old 02-11-2017, 11:06 AM Thread Starter

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CLToy View Post
Sounds like you have a separate issue to me. The mass airflow sensor bad?

I have a similar question but did not want to start a new thread. If this offends the OP, I will be happy start another...

At just under 80k my 2007 SR5 5.7 CM truck went into limp mode and the EPA BS induction pumps and valves needed changed. I have been reading about the DIY bypass and another person who sells PnP bypass kits on eBay. I tried one of the Ebay kits but the dashboard lights up like a Christmas tree! (traction control, 4Lo, check engine, etc.) I get a CEL of mass airflow sensor. I unplug, clear the codes and truck starts and runs fine. Plug the bypass back into the sensor and same thing happens and doesn’t want to run.

As I continue to do reading, it appears that the dealership not only replaces the pumps and valves but also reflashes the ECU, making the DIY bypass option not work. Is this correct?!? Is there now no way to disable this system or is another fix available?

My pumps and valves are working correctly, but I want to disable this system and never have to worry about this again. Any options?

Thanks for the input guys.
I wish it was just the mass sensor. That would be to easy...lol. I'm getting p2433 code.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to jessemp For This Useful Post:
Mr. Creosote (02-11-2017)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum > Tundra Discussion > Tundra Problems: Maintenance, Repair & Dealer/Warranty Issues

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in