Flange yoke broke. Help please - TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-05-2015, 06:46 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Flange yoke broke. Help please

I believe it is the flange yoke. No auto part stores carry it and the dealership only sells the entire drive shaft with it for 1600 bucks. I have spent two days looking around the Internet for people with similar issues. I have seen the forums.but not their resolution. I have seen a few sites listing just the flange. The only problem is I don't which one to buy. They are listed as 1310,1330,1350 and so on series. Pertaining to the u joint size I believe? So I called the dealership and they said they are unable to see what size series of u joint the tundra has their stuff isn't that detailed. So I called auto zone where I got the new u joints and it doesn't say it there either. Does anyone know what size of yoke flange for the rear driveshaft on a 2009 tundra 5.7 4wd flex fuel I need. Any help would be much appreciated. I have spent the last two days calling part stores and searching online only to keep finding the same information over and over which isn't solving my issue. I have tried to uoad pictures and it will not work. To be clear it is the flange that attaches t the rear drive shaft u joint then to the rear differential, bolted on the differential with four bolts.Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-05-2015, 07:06 PM

Thanked 2,585 Times in 1,633 Posts
Mentioned: 56 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1133 Post(s)
Welcome to Tundra Talk Jchamm.

Here you are Boss. A measuring device will tell you everything you need to know.

U-Joint series identification

Any drive shaft shop should be able to get this taken care of this for you rather quickly if one is located by you.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-05-2015, 07:16 PM

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-05-2015, 07:20 PM

09 2009 Toyota Tundra Universal Joint - Driveshaft & Axle - AC Delco, GMB, Moog, Precision, At Transmission, Front Driveshaft at Front Axle, Front Driveshaft at Transfer Case, Front Shaft All Joints, Rear Driveshaft at Rear Axle, Rear Driveshaft at S

Looks like we have 1350 U-joints on our trucks throughout the rear drive shaft. Pretty impressive to be honest with you. That is what I have on my rock crawler with 1 ton drivetrain and 40" tires.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-06-2015, 02:16 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 102 Post(s)
I don't know the answer to your question, but it sounds like ColoradoTJ answered it. Anyway, I was just wondering if you knew how the flange yoke could have broken?

2015 Silver Sky DC SR5 4WD TSS Edition
Bedrug Bed Mat over spay-in liner, TRD Pro skid plate, TRD rear anti-sway bar, 6112/5160 Bilstein combo, 285/75/17 Cooper AT3 XLTs on Icon Rebounds
TXTC #199
Tundra Camper's Club #93
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-06-2015, 08:44 AM
Premium Member

Thanked 8,082 Times in 4,096 Posts
Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Quoted: 1887 Post(s)
You probably can't post pictures because you haven't posted an into post in the new member section per the rules.

you won't be able to reply here either until you do.

2012 Pearl White 4x4 Sequoia Platinum.

I drink a whiskey drink
I drink a vodka drink
and when I have to pee
I use the kitchen sink
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-06-2015, 03:43 PM

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 387 Post(s)
Garage
Not sure if "broke" means literally broken, or if you have the slip yoke leak. We have successfully fixed the slip yoke leak by cleaning it out with carb spray/brake cleaner, and then applying Toyota silicone (black FIPG) inside of it. Mine was seeping, but I still had an extended warranty, so they covered the $1200 drive shaft. If I wasn't covered under warranty still, I would have taken my drive shaft to my local driveline shop, and have them replace the slip yoke. It's just a Dana Spicer.

Molon Labe

Last edited by acolytes; 12-06-2015 at 04:00 PM.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-24-2019, 06:55 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I know its 4 years later but I just broke the rear flange yoke on my '08 CrewMax and having the same issues. Did you find someplace that sold one independent of the drive shaft?
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-26-2019, 09:00 AM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Garage
Any local driveshaft shop can fix it. You can undo the 8 or so bolts and take it to them for a new U joint; it's an easy fix and not crazy expensive. Get new hardware too, while you're there, imo.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum > Tundra Discussion > Tundra Problems: Maintenance, Repair & Dealer/Warranty Issues

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in