Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

Another Dealer ripoff

3K views 17 replies 8 participants last post by  The Onceler 
#1 ·
Went to the dealer for my last prepaid maintenance service plan, and will be my last time going there for anything. Went for the 25k service which is nothing more than a tire rotation and topping off the fluids. Took over an hour!
But anyways, I had asked if they could turn off the seat belt chime when the truck starts. I know from this forum its a simple software change via the techstream. Told me it would cost $50 for a half hour of labor. Complete BS, I just laughed at him. Anyone know of an easier way to turn the seat belt chime off besides the DIY with the dvd case?

#16 ·
I am eating a subway sandwich and drinking fanta orange soda.

I think it's fanta. Might be sunkist but it is deliciously orange either way.

#8 ·
I personally don't have a problem with that. Have you ever paid the service department a dime for any of the service that you've received from them?
I ask that because you stated that you were getting your last pre paid service done.

The service department is a profit center.

When I get my haircut I know the shampoo isn't free and shouldn't expect it to be.

#13 ·
Only issue is, if it were't for the free 2 year maintenance I would have gone elsewhere. I prefer the small mechanic shop down the road from my house.
I can tolerate waiting 1+ hours for the free service but not if I'm paying. That's just greed on Toyota's part over booking to make more money.

#18 ·
A guy I work with scheduled an appt with a Toyota dealer 30 miles away. All he needed was replacement dash lights. He's driving a 99 4Runner that he LOVES and intends to be buried in. None of the local shops wanted to deal with the hassle of opening up the dash, so he had to go to the closest Toyota dealer.

So, anyway, he made the appointment in advance, and arranged to take the day off from work.

After his 45 minute ride to the dealer, he was informed upon arrival that they only had 2 of the required 4 lights available. The other lights would be arriving the following day.

WTF?

So, what is the point of making an appointment in the first place?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.