Just bought our first truck, 2006 Tundra! - TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-28-2018, 08:34 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Just bought our first truck, 2006 Tundra!

Long-time compact car drivers, but we now have need for a truck for hauling a camp trailer. We think we got a pretty good deal. The sweet spot on price for us seemed to be Tundras around 130 - 160k miles. Fewer miles than that and the prices skyrocketed, more than that didn't decrease the price enough to justify the likely repairs/maintenance needed

2006 Tundra SR5, 4x4, Dual Cab
139,000 miles
Tow package
Factory Moonroof
After-market backup camera
After-market sprayed in bed liner (some stains and one chip we'll repair with spray can of the stuff, but otherwise professionally done.)
Everything else stock/factory as far as I can tell (didn't want anything modded/upgraded.)
Rear window rolls down (didn't know this was such a coveted thing amongst truck owners, but I admit it is pretty cool.)
Inside and out are extremely clean for the age of this truck. Not mint condition, but very good to excellent. Wasn't smoked in.
Oil changed less than 2k miles ago, full synthetic.
All other fluids are full and look clean (except didn't check the differentials yet.)

Got it checked out at a tire shop, mechanic went above/beyond their typical inspection looked at some things they don't typically offer:
* brakes look brand new "like they were installed yesterday".
* tires are $1200 Toyos, about 50% tread left.
* Frame looks good, no rust, no obvious damage or repair.
* Timing belt looks new (no records, but belt looks very new.)
* Battery health and age is unknown, but is physically clean (I'll test it soon.)
* No obvious leaks.

A few minor things to fix or ignore:
* Not so minor - just discovered the front passenger seatbelt is locked up and needs fixing/replacement.
* front passenger window won't roll down or up (I think it's the motor, shouldn't be a difficult fix.)
* there's a locked padlock locked to a metal hanger in the bed, no key available.
* the moonroof shudders when closing it from OPEN TILT to CLOSED. Doesn't leak, though.
* aftermarket back-up camera lens protector is fogged, so the image is not all that clear on the screen.
* A front-end alignment wouldn't hurt.

Last edited by markofrost; 08-29-2018 at 12:05 AM. Reason: added photos, new info
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-28-2018, 08:40 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Photos are not showing for some reason. I'm a relatively new (free) user, is there some sort of restriction to this? I've tried using the IMG link to a google drive .jpg and also uploaded them to my User Panel, but can't see any way to post from the User Panel to the post I've written. Google Drive links are simply not showing up. Tried IMGUR earlier, but they were having network issues.

Last edited by markofrost; 08-28-2018 at 08:48 PM. Reason: added context
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-29-2018, 01:57 AM

Thanked 6,580 Times in 3,957 Posts
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 369 Post(s)
Garage

Congratulations on finding the Tundra of your dreams ~ may it serve you well moving forward.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A picture is worth a thousand words
But your smile is worth a million
The Following User Says Thank You to MetalMonkey For This Useful Post:
markofrost (08-29-2018)

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-29-2018, 12:52 PM

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Welcome to the forum.

2018 Tunda SR5 w/TRD Package
The Following User Says Thank You to thearborbarber For This Useful Post:
markofrost (08-29-2018)
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-29-2018, 04:32 PM

Thanked 6,580 Times in 3,957 Posts
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 369 Post(s)
Garage
https://www.toyota.com

Hey Marco,
Here's a link you may find of interest to you. Join up and view your new/used vehicle's service history from Toyota.
@markofrost

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A picture is worth a thousand words
But your smile is worth a million
The Following User Says Thank You to MetalMonkey For This Useful Post:
markofrost (08-29-2018)
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-29-2018, 10:06 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalMonkey View Post
https://www.toyota.com

Hey Marco,
Here's a link you may find of interest to you. Join up and view your new/used vehicle's service history from Toyota.
@markofrost
Yes, thank you. Somewhere in my research I did discover that link. Since the previous owner gave us the VIN, I was able to plug that into Toyota's site and yes, got all the service records that had been done at Dealer's. The truck had basically NO records with it, other than the few I found on Toyota.com. However those found on Toyota.com did help us sherlock out some semblance of a history of the truck, which led us to believe it had been well care for. We even called one of the dealers it had been serviced at and he could see it had been originally bought and serviced in a more affluent area, which likely meant the original owner had money and could afford to take care of the truck well (and the early Toyota service records reflected this.)
The Following User Says Thank You to markofrost For This Useful Post:
MetalMonkey (08-29-2018)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum > Tundra Discussion > Tundra Pictures & Media Post

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in