Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

BAMUFFLER installed

499K views 3K replies 365 participants last post by  GXPaycheck 
#1 ·
i just had a BAMUFFLER installed and DANG!!!!! It sounds just right. No drone at all on the highway. Feels like i have more low end now also. Would post a sound clip but the camera is in the wifes purse at work.

#2,584 ·
How bout a 1 day sale for flag day?

Order has to be placed tomorrow, and submitted by email. Payment by paypal.

Email the system thst you want. Only applies towards:
Budget $379 alum. $479 SS.
6" or 8". $649 alum. $849 SS.

Email to let me know which system you want and paypal gift to DirtyDeedsIndustries@gmail.com received before end of day tomorrow (Sunday June 14) will receive free shipping snywhere to the lower 48 ($80-$130 value)

#2,598 ·
To bad the TRD style dual exhaust isn't included. Maybe Labor Day?

#2,588 ·
I received my 10" system in on Thursday and just got a chance to put it in. On start up it is a deep mellow tone, but then took it out for a little test drive and it opens up and sounds great. I didn't want a loud system, so the 10" is perfect for my needs and I did notice the shes a little pepper then before. Thanks Keith for all your help! Just wondering how much drone can I expect without the resonator on the 10" system?

#2,605 ·
Pics attached. Super easy installation.

System isn't as loud as I thought it would be, but I do love the tone.

Good quality components as well. The BAmuffler system is heavier than the much larger stock system.

Can't wait to hear it after it has broken in for a bit.

Attachments

#2,604 ·
first long road trip with BA budget system installed. first off, OMG i love the sound. but yeah, it drones, a lot. sometime next week i'll install the resonator, hopefully that will help with the drone, if not, I'm ok with that. it seems that i was the only one in the truck bothered by it, mom/wife/kids didn't care. for the cost/sound, i give this system a 5 out of 5 stars. install was super easy too.

#2,606 ·
I'm glad you were able to drive the truck for a distance WITHOUT the helmholtz>:D During my initial testing, with how bad the drone was, I didn't think there was anything that could 'fix' it.

When I perfected the helmholtz resonator design (which is the one sitting in your garage right now) I literally slapped my knee laughing and almost wrecked my truck>:D

the difference with the helmholtz installed is dramatic. Get it on there and post up here:nerd:

#2,614 ·
#2,620 · (Edited)
Woot!

Just got a call from DD. My 7" Stainless BAMuffler is shipping today. I should have it in the week since I am on the east coast.

Keith's is keeping his promise of 30 days, I put a deposit on the muffler on 5/30 and it has been less than 30 days.

Looks like just in time for July 4th weekend.

Going to be making some fireworks with my truck for the 4th.

Can't wait!;)

#2,631 · (Edited)
Keith, You, my man, are a genius!

I just received my stainless 7" for my 2015 Tundra DC 4x4 with 5.7 and immediately installed it in about 1 hour. I've been driving it around without the Hem(sp) resonator. It's been great. I've been smiling grin to grin every time I give a little bit more gas.

You hit it just right, I'm glad I listened to your advise and got the 7" instead of 6" as I originated wanted.

I haven't taken the wifey out on it yet, but both my kids love the sound. They said it sounds like a truck now like it's supposed to.

BAMuffler has got to be THE accessory in terms of most bang for your buck.

Very Happy with the result.

I've already encounter a funny truck scenario while driving.

At the traffic light pulling into a shopping center on a double left turn lane. I stopped first and a Ford F350 Diesel pulled beside me. I can hear his diesel engine pretty loud clacking away and the normal diesel exhaust low rumble sound.
As the light turned green, we both go, and I wasn't racing, but gave a little more gas and I guess the F350 driver heard my exhaust and had something to proof. He gassed it hard and I hear his engine increasing in sound and then I heard his exhaust which became really loud and he is pulling away from me.
I gave my truck a little more push on the gas and that's when the F350 must have floored it cuz that F350 was making a lot of noise as his exhaust was drowning out mine and at the same time, black smoke bellowing out of his pipes.
I let him pull away, got nothing to proof at this point, I wasn't even racing, just enjoying my exhaust but I guess he was trying to proof he was still bigger and badder and faster than my truck.
I was just driving my own pace minding my own business enjoying the ride with my daughters.

Keith, you need to be careful though, I think the liberal tree huggers will put you on their top 10 most offender for gas guzzling cuz all the Tundra's with your exhaust system will be driving them harder to hear the sound of your exhaust at the cost of decrease gas mileage.

For those on the fence, Do It! take advantage of the July 4th special on flat rate shipping.

#2,632 ·
Keith, You, my man, is a genius!

I just received my stainless 7" for my 2015 Tundra DC 4x4 with 5.7 and immediately installed it in about 1 hour. I've been driving it around without the Hem(sp) resonator. It's been great. I've been smiling grin to grin every time I give a little bit more gas.

You hit it just right, I'm glad I listened to your advise and got the 7" instead of 6" as I originated wanted.

I haven't taken the wifey out on it yet, but both my kids love the sound. They said it sounds like a truck now like it's supposed to.

BAMuffler has got to be THE accessory in terms of most bang for your buck.

Very Happy with the result.

I've already encounter a funny truck scenario while driving.

At the traffic light pulling into a shopping center on a double left turn lane. I stopped first and a Ford F350 Diesel pulled beside me. I can hear his diesel engine pretty loud clacking away and the normal diesel exhaust low rumble sound.
As the light turned green, we both go, and I wasn't racing, but gave a little more gas and I guess the F350 driver heard my exhaust and had something to proof. He gassed it hard and I hear his engine increasing in sound and then I heard his exhaust which became really loud and he is pulling away from me.
I gave my truck a little more push on the gas and that's when the F350 must have floored it cuz that F350 was making a lot of noise as his exhaust was drowning out mine and at the same time, black smoke bellowing out of his pipes.
I let him pull away, got nothing to proof at this point, I wasn't even racing, just enjoying my exhaust but I guess he was trying to proof he was still bigger and badder and faster than my truck.
I was just driving my own pace minding my own business enjoying the ride with my daughters.

Keith, you need to be careful though, I think the liberal tree huggers will put you on their top 10 most offender for gas guzzling cuz all the Tundra's with your exhaust system will be driving them harder to hear the sound of your exhaust at the cost of decrease gas mileage.

For those on the fence, Do It! take advantage of the July 4th special on flat rate shipping.
If you have ANY 1.5K to 2.5K RPM highway drone, your Helmholtz resonator will knock it down...

I love my 7 inch system..
The perfect balance of being too quiet and being a tad loud...
I want to hear the damn thing for God's sake...>:D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.