TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum

TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum (https://www.tundratalk.net/forums/)
-   Tundra Performance Modifications (https://www.tundratalk.net/forums/tundra-performance-modifications/)
-   -   TRD Pro exhaust installed....I like it! (https://www.tundratalk.net/forums/tundra-performance-modifications/659162-trd-pro-exhaust-installed-i-like.html)

berettafan 02-11-2017 11:55 AM

TRD Pro exhaust installed....I like it!

after much back and forth over which exhaust to buy I finally settled on the TRD for my '17 CM. I really like the sound of the BA mufflers in videos I've seen but ultimately at 44 yrs old I can't be having constant noise. So far only drove about 5 miles to work with it today but very happy. quiet at cruise but a very nice sound when you get into it! install was done solo and really wasn't bad. helped that my truck only has about 3400 miles on it. had to lower tire (so that's how that works!) to get second pipe in but otherwise pretty uneventful install. i'll be tweaking the tailpipes a bit as they are not even and that would've been avoided if i'd had my son there to help.

and boy did she smoke! got to a stop light a few miles from home and it really looked like my truck was on fire! smoke EVERYWHERE! not a pleasant smell either. best to keep windows up until she's burned in all the way.

undoubtedly my MPG are going to go in the toilet for a while as it sounds niiiiice when you get on it.

overall very happy with it so far. hoping to do pro lights and grill this spring.

Mickleford 02-11-2017 12:11 PM

Where did you purchase it from if you don't mind me asking?

berettafan 02-11-2017 12:19 PM

Bev Smith Toyota via ebay.

Was watching it for about $1030 or so + 167 shipping then it was $930 + 167. Debated it and then I checked again and it was $930 + $33 Shipping!!!!! HAD to buy it! There was another place on ebay selling it for $875 + 100 shipping recently as well. First tracking number never actually got picked up (per FED Ex tracking) so I called and after some BS about not knowing what happened with FED Ex the ebay guy took care of me and got it expedited. They appear to handle a lot of ebay sales so i'm sure it's a bit hairy at times trying to keep up.

Mickleford 02-11-2017 12:34 PM

Cool, thanks man! I may pull the trigger one day on it. Seems eBay is the place to get it from all that I've gathered.

berettafan 02-11-2017 12:36 PM

Local dealers wanted 1400+. I like to spend local but that's just too much to give up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MallWheeler 02-13-2017 02:49 PM

I'm with you on the sound.
I dont want a constant rumble as it gets annoying overtime.
The TRD is perfect,loud when you want it to be,and quiet when you dont.

GreatAvalon 02-13-2017 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by berettafan (Post 8284378)
and boy did she smoke! got to a stop light a few miles from home and it really looked like my truck was on fire! smoke EVERYWHERE! not a pleasant smell either. best to keep windows up until she's burned in all the way.

Haha, yea man. I knew to expect it. Told myself it's going to smoke a lot, be ready for it. After a 10 minute drive, sitting at a red light with a TRD Pro Tundra behind me, I realized I had the whole 3 lane road smoked out. Kind of got scared it was on fire as well. Smelled horrible. The smoke and especially the smell lasted for a solid week or about 125 miles. Glad that's over :lol:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mickleford (Post 8284610)
Cool, thanks man! I may pull the trigger one day on it. Seems eBay is the place to get it from all that I've gathered.

If you can wait until Black Friday, the site sponsor Toyota of Cool Springs might run another free shipping code. I got mine from them for $905 and free shipping. Seems like the OP got it for a good price too though.

_Stang_ 02-13-2017 09:05 PM

Nice buy. I'm extremely happy with the TRD exhaust on my '17 Pro after about 7k miles.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

NEF25 02-13-2017 10:09 PM

Very happy with mine that I had installed 2 weeks ago on my 17 with 2700 miles. It was $1100 installed before tax by my dealer. I had an opportunity to hear one in person which sealed the deal for me.

TheLast13 02-14-2017 02:13 PM

Any idea who makes the TRD exhaust? Actually building it for Toyota?

GreatAvalon 02-14-2017 02:17 PM

I want to say I've read Borla?

RitcheyRch 02-14-2017 02:25 PM

I read some where that Tenneco (stock exhaust manufacturer) makes the TRD system.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheLast13 (Post 8295618)
Any idea who makes the TRD exhaust? Actually building it for Toyota?

kstateskier 02-14-2017 03:56 PM

Right around 1800-2000miles the TRD really settles in and smooths out. In both my pairs of TRD Dexhaust it seems thats about when they stop smoking too.

MallWheeler 02-14-2017 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kstateskier (Post 8295890)
Right around 1800-2000miles the TRD really settles in and smooths out. In both my pairs of TRD Dexhaust it seems thats about when they stop smoking too.

The sound gets deeper as well.

the cause 02-14-2017 07:11 PM

Anybody else heard complaints of the TRD exhaust rusting out? I'm looking at BORLA for this reason as it's the same price basically with very high quality stainless

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk