2015 Tundra Super Charger - Page 2 - TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-18-2016, 03:10 PM
Premium Member

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackgts2002 View Post
I had my blower replaced two months ago (coupler rattle + stupid dealer = new blower for me ) Took 5 weeks to get the truck back. The dealer has to request a manual release or something on the blower, get it from the vendor, then ship to the dealer. Took FOREVER.

Coupler is fixed though haha

Mag has to make these things for 10 years now that TRD stopped selling them.. so it makes sense that Mag tries to keep selling them on their own too. Sucks for us that Bully is no bully and just sold themselves out and now we will never get a 14+ tune from them. They lost my business and my friends business with that move. I dont have any other tuner options, but my friends without Tundras sure do and it is no longer Bully. Sell outs.
That is one way of looking at it, but I don't think that is entirely fair for BullyDog. The kit that is made for Magnuson is actually made by Magnuson. They used Bullydog as the base platform to get into the ECU and they are using the information that they have to make the tune. It is by no means a sell out on BullyDogs part. Bullydog already has a 2014 tune and they are working on the 2015. Neither Bullydog nor Magnuson has a 2016 tune as of now. Toyota didn't allow Magnuson to use their tune as Magnuson doesn't have that information. It was only in the dealerships TIS system.

We have also found out that the lids and tooling for the kits is different. TRD made Magnuson make certain changes to their kits so that someone couldn't take a Magnuson kit and put a TRD lid on it.

Micah
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TRDsparks For This Useful Post:
Mr. Creosote (08-18-2016), shotgun (08-19-2016)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-18-2016, 03:23 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 98 Post(s)
You know as well as I know that I meant 14+ SC Tune. And tune is far fetched too, as these are interceptors are they not?

2015 Attitude Black Metallic Tundra - Platinum edition
2014 Blue Ribbon Metallic Tundra - 1794 edition
-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-Bak Flip G2 -TRD Rear Sway Bar -TRD Dual Exhaust -TRD Supercharger
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The Following User Says Thank You to blackgts2002 For This Useful Post:
Mr. Creosote (08-18-2016)
post #18 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-18-2016, 05:50 PM

Thanked 4,332 Times in 2,292 Posts
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 267 Post(s)
i just want the bullydog tune for my 2012 ffv

Silly Ram's 5.7L's are for Tundra's

Corsa sport catback / FFV TRD supercharged / Bilstein 5100's / airlift loadlifter 5k / Mini D2s Retrofit / TRD rear sway bar / XSP LED DRL's
Rockwarrior club member #45
The Following User Says Thank You to j_fuggin_t For This Useful Post:
Mr. Creosote (08-18-2016)

post #19 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-18-2016, 07:51 PM
Cereal Killer
Premium Member

Thanked 62,016 Times in 21,083 Posts
Mentioned: 109 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1612 Post(s)
The Hypertech is an interceptor.

I don't care about the environment. Neither do you.
post #20 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-18-2016, 11:49 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 67 Post(s)
I just want the old price back....breaks my cold little heart....
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TUNDRAtdi For This Useful Post:
Mr. Creosote (08-19-2016), shotgun (08-19-2016)
post #21 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-19-2016, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Creosote View Post
The Hypertech is an interceptor.
I get that... but how is the bully dog not? It does not flash the ECU, the ECU is encrypted. All it can do it take a signal, modify it and spoof the ECU... so is that not an interceptor?

-
Mr. Creosote (08-19-2016)
post #22 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-19-2016, 11:13 AM
Premium Member

Thanked 3,312 Times in 1,935 Posts
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 451 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by restosud View Post
i'm not disputing the quality of the unit,just the customer support magnuson is willing not to provide while hiding behind the "it's not the same supercharger" story.
we all know it's an identical unit so parts are interchangeable but magnuson will not provide even that,much less the software for it.i know from first hand experience,i've been looking for 2 bearings and they will not sell them.
and who might be "the right person" over there?
according to magnuson they'll sell you any parts ya need... look at this post...

https://www.tundratalk.net/forums/mag...ml#post7699129

FORCED INDUCTION MEMBER #15

@Blackout_TRD
The Following User Says Thank You to KoBear For This Useful Post:
post #23 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-19-2016, 11:36 AM

Thanked 1,549 Times in 1,074 Posts
Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 563 Post(s)
hmmm! new development as the person i spoke with at magnuson was adamant parts would not only not fit the trd units but that they would not be selling any other than through approved service centers for unit rebuilding only.
went through the software issue earlier with bullydog also
here's a reply to an email i sent:

"I am not able to pull you up in our system unfortunately. Unfortunately our expected plan did not go as smoothly as planned. As far as the supercharged tuner we do have one but has to be purchased thru Magnuson.

If you bought the tuner through one of our dealers and they gave you the information that you have given in this email. Contact them. It's always best to get a name when speaking with someone so that you can keep that for future reference."

it's becoming apparent that the left and right hand do not communicate very well and it could be that magnuson is posting here just to buy our sympathy and self promotion .idk, but i can tell you as of last week there was no help available from any of them,software or hardware!
The Following User Says Thank You to restosud For This Useful Post:
post #24 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-19-2016, 02:58 PM
Premium Member

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackgts2002 View Post
I get that... but how is the bully dog not? It does not flash the ECU, the ECU is encrypted. All it can do it take a signal, modify it and spoof the ECU... so is that not an interceptor?
Unfortunately I do not have the inside specs on the BullyDog, but, from what I understand, the vehicle gets reflashed, not intercepted. I could be wrong, but they take the calibration ID and change it to another one that the ECU recognizes as a tune. That is the exact same thing that the TRD reflash did. I can't say for certain, but from the install that we have done here, that is how it is done as the unit doesn't have to be left in like a Unichip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoBear View Post
according to magnuson they'll sell you any parts ya need... look at this post...

https://www.tundratalk.net/forums/mag...ml#post7699129
I have had no issues getting parts. Like I said, if anyone needs anything, just contact us. They won't sell me anything that has the TRD brand on it, but I can get all of those parts from TRD directly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by restosud View Post
hmmm! new development as the person i spoke with at magnuson was adamant parts would not only not fit the trd units but that they would not be selling any other than through approved service centers for unit rebuilding only.
went through the software issue earlier with bullydog also
here's a reply to an email i sent:

"I am not able to pull you up in our system unfortunately. Unfortunately our expected plan did not go as smoothly as planned. As far as the supercharged tuner we do have one but has to be purchased thru Magnuson.

If you bought the tuner through one of our dealers and they gave you the information that you have given in this email. Contact them. It's always best to get a name when speaking with someone so that you can keep that for future reference."

it's becoming apparent that the left and right hand do not communicate very well and it could be that magnuson is posting here just to buy our sympathy and self promotion .idk, but i can tell you as of last week there was no help available from any of them,software or hardware!
Whats funny is that we recently ran into the same issue. We were supercharging an FFV with Magnusons pilot build. They have an SC tune for the FFV kits now and are running several tests, but we called BullyDog for tech support and they didn't have any idea what we had and wouldn't help. The specific guy we talked to said the part number didn't exist and that it was not something they had, but when we called Magnuson, they were more than willing to help get everything straightened out. I think because the partnership is so new, most at BullyDog have no idea what is going on.

We are more than willing to help anyone with the parts for the SC's. We can get most things and, being one of the first to partner with Magnuson, have a really good relationship with them. We try to provide information out here, but for the fastest and most personalized response, just email or call us.

Micah
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TRDsparks For This Useful Post:
2012CMINCO (08-19-2016), Mr. Creosote (08-19-2016), shotgun (08-20-2016)
post #25 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-21-2016, 08:41 AM

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 79 Post(s)
The Toyota ECUs have been cracked. It is likely just a matter of time before various re flashes become available... diy is also a real possibility.... Companies such as Alientech offer the hardware.

Brian

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bjowett For This Useful Post:
Mr. Creosote (08-21-2016), theoat (08-21-2016)
post #26 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-24-2016, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjowett View Post
The Toyota ECUs have been cracked. It is likely just a matter of time before various re flashes become available... diy is also a real possibility.... Companies such as Alientech offer the hardware.
I suppose you have a source for this info?

-
Mr. Creosote (08-24-2016)
post #27 of 27 (permalink) Old 08-24-2016, 06:45 PM

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 79 Post(s)
Start here DIY ECU TUNING - Information - Club Lexus Forums

Brian

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bjowett For This Useful Post:
Mr. Creosote (08-24-2016), shotgun (08-25-2016)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum > Tundra Discussion > Tundra Performance Modifications

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in