Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

Dead horse? 2015, muffler & Hypertech?

2K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  dirtydeeds 
#1 ·
I have read many times that unless you do a SC or long tubes w/killer exhaust, mods are a waste of money. Also that CAI's don't do squat.

So if I ponied up for a Hypertech and a nice flowing replacement muffler (w/factory tailpipe), would I be wondering if I feel any gains or not?

Mostly I like doing lil' 0-40 mph blasts once or twice a day or so.

Thank you.

I know, bring on emojis beating up a dead horse.

Reactions: Mr. Creosote
#3 ·
I chased the HP game in my 08 Cummins and it lead to dead transmission after dead transmission.
I plan to beat the shit out of my 15 Tundra in stock form.
A bit more exhaust growl would be nice tho.

#4 ·
Thanx for popping in guys. Rmz450, I also over-modded two Dosge Cummins trucks to the point where they were kind of a pain to own. That sucked up some dough. Both were stick shifts, and the aftermarket clutches needed made the truck so annoying when going to work in traffic.

Hey ihike2, would you make those purchases again? Did you do the Hypertech gas pedal thing?

#6 ·
OP get with Keith @dirtydeeds who is a vendor/member on here. Great exhaust, built for YOUR truck, how you want it. I suggest the budget system, which is nasty...

I wouldn't buy a hypertech unless you can get it used for a good price. The improvement really isn't worth the $325 or whatever they are. Keith can hook you up with one of those too.

You would definitely feel some gains with Keiths exhaust. I love my budget system and hypertech that I got for a steal at $125.

#7 ·
Thanks for the mentions guys. To the OP, a hypertech combined with this exhaust Standard Systems | Product Categories | Dirty Deeds IndustriesDirty Deeds Industries makes enough if a difference to feel. Not just in top end. But also how the truck drives. It just feels more 'together'.
@Great Scott have ya tried the hypertech with underhood module only? No throttle pedal module? If not give it a shot. The throttle pedal really makes the truck feel sluggish. Unless you have an 07-09 that is;)

#8 ·
I haven't but I will. I just tried the tow haul button the other day...very nice.

I let my son drive my truck and he is impressed with the exhaust and wants to get it for his truck, but he has a 2010 Dbl cab with the small V-8. Are the budget systems interchangeable or does he have to order one specifically for his 4.6?

Reactions: dirtydeeds
#9 ·
They are interchangeable. However, when guy offers a budget system for a 4.6 we build it with smaller diameter tubing. Being a 4.6 has less CI and less HP the smaller tubing builds more low end torque and reduces drone.

For a test fit you can swap back and forth. But for a permanent install definitely order our specific made 4.6 budget system. The sound difference will hardly be noticed:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.