LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-19-2015, 11:26 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Cool SC TRD Pro from Factory

Hello all! I am new to this forum but not to Toyta

I've owned a FJ cruiser, 4Runner Trails, Lexus IS-F and on a side note have a 2013 Raptor.

My Pro is being built in a couple of weeks. Dealer is asking what additionals I want it to come with. I said SC. They said, not sure it can come from the factory like that, we may have to put it on after it gets here. I say, let's ask. No asky no getty and I don't want to pay a bunch of dealer bs.

Has anyone received or ordered a Tundra that already had the SC installed from the factory. My push in doing this is so that it will be apart of the factory warranty and hopefully little to no install costs.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-19-2015, 11:32 AM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 149 Post(s)
It's dealer installed. And it comes with and is eligible for all warranty when installed at the dealer esp when brand new. I would recommend that you break in your engine first and then get it put on. But with today's newer engines it might not matter as much.

I have had many buddies that when they buy their truck the stipulation is that they will pay the parts and the dealer does the install for free. If your dealer won't do that then find a new one.
post #3 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-19-2015, 11:58 AM
mdl
Premium MemberPremium Member

Thanked 1,789 Times in 1,158 Posts
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Quoted: 398 Post(s)
Never seen one come from the factory as they are dealer installed and considered aftermarket. Dealer installed for the full power train warranty, 5yr/60000mi. If you installed it yourself you only get 12 month/12000mi. They also cannot be part of your financing. There would be no problems having it installed on a new engine.
Enjoy!!

Supercharged 2007 DC 4X4, ASP SC pulley, JBA LT's, 3 inch dual race exhaust by Dirtydeeds, Shift Kit, Auburn LSD, AEM 325 FP, SABM, Icon, Camburg UCA, Coahbuilder1

post #4 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-20-2015, 11:30 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
I would check around with dealers near you to see who has actually installed one. They aren't hard to do, but there are a lot of steps and takes about a full day. If you are buying it through them, they should be installing it for free though. As others have said, this is something that has to be done at the dealer. Good news is that as long as they install it, you keep your full warranty.

2012 Magnetic Grey CM Tundra
TRD S/C, URD Pulley. and BD Tuner.
post #5 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-20-2015, 11:40 AM
Premium Member

Thanked 3,814 Times in 1,669 Posts
Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Quoted: 206 Post(s)
The BIG Question that you have to ask FIRST is the TRD Pro you are getting a FFV (Flex Fuel Vehicle)??!! IF it is, then there is no dealership that can install a TRD S/C on it. There is no tune for it and you'd have to go 3rd party install with a Unichip tune. I seen it done. Also becareful what the dealership tells you. They may say we don't know, or no it is not FFV, but when you pay for it and get it, it is indeed a FFV.. Only the gas cap will tell you when it says FFV on it. Its not visible outside with any decals.. You can order a NON FFV Tundra from states like California or Vermont I believe and truck them in.. IDK forsure. Just sharing what info has been shared by others. Good luck..
post #6 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-20-2015, 11:56 AM

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
I thought I read on here that they released the tune for the FFV ?

13' Tundra Rock Warrior-- OME Lift (614), LR UCA's, Deaver 1.5" Add a leaf. Magnaflow exhaust.
post #7 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-20-2015, 12:57 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbroas View Post
The BIG Question that you have to ask FIRST is the TRD Pro you are getting a FFV (Flex Fuel Vehicle)??!! IF it is, then there is no dealership that can install a TRD S/C on it. There is no tune for it and you'd have to go 3rd party install with a Unichip tune. I seen it done. Also becareful what the dealership tells you. They may say we don't know, or no it is not FFV, but when you pay for it and get it, it is indeed a FFV.. Only the gas cap will tell you when it says FFV on it. Its not visible outside with any decals.. You can order a NON FFV Tundra from states like California or Vermont I believe and truck them in.. IDK forsure. Just sharing what info has been shared by others. Good luck..
Under the hood for engine type it'll tell you.

3UR-FE is gas

3UR-FBE is flex fuel

post #8 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-20-2015, 08:36 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgtund View Post
It's dealer installed. And it comes with and is eligible for all warranty when installed at the dealer esp when brand new. I would recommend that you break in your engine first and then get it put on. But with today's newer engines it might not matter as much.

I have had many buddies that when they buy their truck the stipulation is that they will pay the parts and the dealer does the install for free. If your dealer won't do that then find a new one.
Great insight there thank you. Unfortunately, I am in Alaska and we only have two Toyota dealerships, both of which are owned by the same auto group (Kendall). I will push for a free install for sure. Any idea which dealerships you buddies used in case I need to get specific?
post #9 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-20-2015, 08:38 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdl View Post
Never seen one come from the factory as they are dealer installed and considered aftermarket. Dealer installed for the full power train warranty, 5yr/60000mi. If you installed it yourself you only get 12 month/12000mi. They also cannot be part of your financing. There would be no problems having it installed on a new engine.
Enjoy!!
Awesome info thanks. Any idea if I bump up to a 7year/125K Platinum if it falls into that warranty as well? Even if I don't keep it that long it sure helps a lot with resale when that type of warranty is intact.
post #10 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-20-2015, 08:40 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbroas View Post
I appreciate that on the FFV. As far as I know this is not FFV (don't think they send those to Alaska). The truck is being built next week so I will double check. Is there anything in the VIN that tells that information?
post #11 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-20-2015, 10:16 PM
mdl
Premium MemberPremium Member

Thanked 1,789 Times in 1,158 Posts
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Quoted: 398 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKMuskeg View Post
Awesome info thanks. Any idea if I bump up to a 7year/125K Platinum if it falls into that warranty as well? Even if I don't keep it that long it sure helps a lot with resale when that type of warranty is intact.
The platinum warranty covers it too. Nice to have that coverage and alleviate worries that some may have going supercharged.

Supercharged 2007 DC 4X4, ASP SC pulley, JBA LT's, 3 inch dual race exhaust by Dirtydeeds, Shift Kit, Auburn LSD, AEM 325 FP, SABM, Icon, Camburg UCA, Coahbuilder1
The Following User Says Thank You to mdl For This Useful Post:
pokerrx (04-22-2015)
post #12 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-21-2015, 12:22 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
More power to you if you score a free install.......but I wouldn't hold my breath.

MGMC #226
Forced Induction #17
post #13 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-21-2015, 02:23 AM

Quoted: 115 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKMuskeg View Post
Is there anything in the VIN that tells that information?
I believe if the 5th character in your VIN is a "W" it's a flex fuel.
post #14 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-21-2015, 07:22 AM

Thanked 1,437 Times in 772 Posts
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 161 Post(s)
Impossible to get a S/C from the factory.

Good luck on the free install, doesn't hurt to ask. I doubt they throw in 1.5 days worth of labor for free.

Biggest issue is finding out if this is going to be a FFV or not as @jbroas mentioned. FFV means its going to be more difficult to S/C and I would imagine it wouldn't be covered by factory warranty.

----
(SOLD) 2010 CrewMax SR5
post #15 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-21-2015, 05:24 PM

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
As someone who works at the Tundra plant, I can also confirm that getting a SC from the factory is never going to happen.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum > Tundra Discussion > Tundra Performance Modifications

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in