Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

2020 Tundra Platinum

9K views 26 replies 17 participants last post by  Chucksmith07 
#1 ·
Hey guys, just brought home my new toy, 2020 Platinum, to say I’m in love with this truck is an understatement...haha...quick question, I’m looking at bed liners and bull bars, would products made for 2019 crew cabs fit my 2020?...as you can imagine there’s some things out for it but since it’s only October of 2019 the selection is limited...thanks in advance!! Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
did they put the push button start system in the same spot as the key spot on the previous models?

how does that Toyota remote app work on the phone to start the truck? does it shut off when you open the door?

Just curious as to some of the new changes

nice rig

#4 ·
Thanks guys!...they put the push button start on the right of the steering wheel on the dash, and I haven’t used the app yet, I’m coming from an SR5 to the platinum so I’m still getting used to all the extras...haha...I literally just bought it 2 days ago, but the 8” screen is nice, along with Apple CarPlay...loving it!

#5 ·
Pretty sure most things fit. A bull bar might affect the adaptive cruise if it has it, or emergency braking if it has it.

For bedliner, I went with Line-X. It's been great.

Congrats!

Reactions: gcomptech
#7 ·
Off-topic but since you have a 2020...there has been some suggestion that the JBL stereo system has been improved (can turn it up louder than in previous years) since the head-unit was updated. I'm not expecting high-end audio but are you able to comment at all about the JBL audio system? Thx!

#8 ·
No prob!...the audio system is awesome, my last 2 Tundras never had a JBL system, so I honestly can’t compare, but I can say for a stock radio, best I’ve heard...I’ve had it up about as loud as I can tolerate and sounds phenomenal, no kind of distortion at all...my kids love it...lol

#9 ·
Adaptive cruise control should function off of the module on the windshield, behind your mirror. Need to confirm that with the dealer or a more knowledgeable member, though. Should not have a module where a bumper, grill, or bull bar goes that would impact its performance.

#13 ·
I prefer the drop in liners.

The spray on liners look great but they don't protect the bed from getting dented if you haul anything heavy and they will get gouged if you run something like a snowmobile in the back of the truck (which I do) or haul pallets or other heavy items. Also, after a couple years, the surface gets dull and does not look as good.

On the positive side, the spray on liners tend to keep things from sliding around better than the drop in liners.

I like to say it this way. The good news is that nothing slides around. The bad news is that nothing slides around.

The drop in liners look good and stay looking good. They protect the bed from getting dented, and if the bed does get dented, you can't tell because the drop in liner holds it shape. The drop in liner is also a lot stronger than the spray in liner so it helps keep the bed from getting dented as well.

You can get the drop in liners so things slide easily around and you can get them that don't.

All things considered, from my experience, I like the cheapest drop in liner made from Toy for Trucks. I think it is called the Rugged Liner. It is the kind that things can slide around. If I remember right, it was about $150 or less installed. It worked great, held up great, and looked great several years later.

I have a spray in liner now (it came that way used), and it is dull and dirty looking, the bed is dented, and i have several gouge marks from stuff I hauled back there. I am seriously thinking about dropping one of the Rugged liners in there on top of the spray on liner if for no other reason than it will look better.

#14 ·
Go with Line-X. Have had it on my 2012 work truck since new. Highest tensile strength and warranty is nationwide(that's very important).

#20 ·
Hey guys, just brought home my new toy, 2020 Platinum, to say I’m in love with this truck is an understatement...haha...quick question, I’m looking at bed liners and bull bars, would products made for 2019 crew cabs fit my 2020?...as you can imagine there’s some things out for it but since it’s only October of 2019 the selection is limited...thanks in advance!! View attachment 855480
That is a nice looking truck......I have a 2014. Do you know if Toyota has fixed the "cam tower oil leak" that has affected so many of these 5.7 motors ?......Mine started seeping at around 24k and since it was one month out of the 60 month warranty Toyota would not cover it.......Just keep an eye on it.

#21 ·
I just got my 20 platinum and I do think the new head unit makes the JBL sound way better.. On my 18 if u turned it up the bass was all distorted.. On the 20 the sound seems to be way better.. FYI on the auto start u can also just use your fob to start rather then the phone app.. on my truck u push lock 2x and on the 3rd one hold it.. I'm.in Canada so might be different for usa version

#22 ·
I have a 2020 Crewmax limited and I can confirm that the remote start using the phone app does shut off the engine once you open a door. This is quite annoying as every other vehicle I have owned with remote start did not do this. I am going to try to remote start with the key s described above. It would be ret if this works

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.