User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-14-2018, 09:35 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Bedliners

Bought a new truck and need a bedliner. I would do a spray-in liner however there are no shops nearby. Do dealerships sell factory liners? Any brand recommendations? Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-14-2018, 09:54 AM

Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Garage
I'd stay away from plastic, you'll lose all the paint in your bed. Though if you plan to do spray-in in the future, that really wont matter much.

I would look at rubber mats, or try to find someone who can do spray in.

2018 Tundra CM Limited 4x4
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-14-2018, 08:05 PM

Thanked 10,690 Times in 5,768 Posts
Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Quoted: 1642 Post(s)
I went with Line-X. No complaints. Previous truck had a drop in plastic liner, and in dec of 2016, when I traded in the 2010, I had no issue or paint missing, scuffed, yes. Bolt heads were starting to rust from trapping moisture. Even with a tonneau cover 99% of the time. Hence spray-in this time around, totally worth it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I put the Laughter in Slaughter, and the Fun in funeral.
KTM 450xc QUAD, Baldwin head, Ti valves, 8/06 cam, motoworks, goldspeed tires...
Gone/not forgotten: 2010 CM RW that was sweet,
NOW: 2017 Platinum. Tinted, trd duals, Exo Grapplers. Led h-lights and interior, Hard hat tonneau, line-x, Rancho uca/level'd
I like weapons. I dont capitalize, use spell check, or punctuate properly...
and you can call me Power.

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-14-2018, 08:40 PM

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 281 Post(s)
In my 1997 T-100 I have used a hiking sleeping bag foam mat (actually two) and then just put a piece of marine grade 3/4" plywood in the bed. Doesn't do ANYTHING for the sides of the bed. But a sheet of true marine grade is tough as hell and I get 10 years out of a $30 (when I bought it 10 years ago) sheet.

I'm not completely useless. I can always be used as a bad example.
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-14-2018, 08:50 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Marine plywood is creative and affordable. Probably won’t have the truck in 5 years so not to worried about the paint. I guess these days spray on is the way to go. The closest shop is actually a dealership, maybe they’ll give me a loaner for the day.
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-14-2018, 09:02 PM

Thanked 5,989 Times in 2,784 Posts
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 695 Post(s)
I had drop ins on 2 different trucks, 5 years each. They don't look neat, they can warp, and they cause scratches and surface corrosion in the bed. But there was never any rust through and I'm not gonna trash them as an option if someone uses their truck for real work and doesn't want to cause dents in their bed dropping bricks in or something.

I have Linex on my tundra. 4 years after I got it, most under a bed cover, it looks like new. Still has original gloss, I can drop stuff in and slide stuff around without worries and not constantly be like "OMG DON'T EVER DROP SOMETHING LIKE THAT IN THERE AGAIN, YOU MIGHT CHIP MY BEDLINER!" But that's stuff like furniture, mulch, luggage, TVs for recycling, occasional bulky metal stuff like exercise equipment. I'm not dropping cinder blocks in it day after day, otherwise I'd have probably had to have it patched a few times.

It was applied so well I let the same shop do the bottom 12 inches of my truck all around to fix some paint problems and add chip protection.

I'd say if you don't see any spray in shops near by (although I don't know what 'near by' means for you) that probably means your dealership won't have better options that don't involve sending the truck the same number of hours you would have to drive to get it done. But they would probably charge you more on top of what the shop would.

If you just want something you can drop bricks on and don't care about a mod you will drool over for as long as you own the truck, order the Toyota drop in. Otherwise, consider driving a little bit to have a Linex dealer or a Rhino dealer that does hot/high pressure application do a spray in. They usually need about half a day.

The cost of fuel to operate a 6000 pound 400 horsepower half ton that does 0-60 in under 7 seconds is kind of like the price of oil changes for a Porche 911. If you have to ask you probably can't afford it.

Last edited by eharri3; 08-14-2018 at 09:06 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to eharri3 For This Useful Post:
Powertechn2 (08-17-2018)
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-15-2018, 07:48 AM
Premium Member

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
As others have said, there are several options. I had a bed mat in my 2013. I was happy with what it did for me, considering it was basically just a thick piece of rubber. My new truck has a spray in liner. Must say it seems very nice.

2013 DC SR5 Rock Warrior (SOLD)
2018 CM Limited
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-15-2018, 10:07 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 100 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by P-funk View Post
Bought a new truck and need a bedliner. I would do a spray-in liner however there are no shops nearby. Do dealerships sell factory liners? Any brand recommendations? Thanks
I have a 2011 CM with the spray in liner. Its actually a port installed option that came from SET distributor in florida.
The product is from a company called Ultimate Linings and I think its called Extreme Lining or something like that.

GST distributor in Texas also does alot of this product. This spray in also carries the 3 year toyota warranty, if you can find a
dealership who will do it.

Also check your local ford dealerships. Sound crazy I know. Some of them may have spay capabilities, but not sure how the warranty would work.
One last mention, check any off-road shops in your area. We have one ford dealership and an off road shop who can do small items and repairs.

Good luck.

2016 SR5 CrewMax 4x4

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Other Vehicles:
2011 - SR5 Crewmax Silver Sky Metallic
2015 - Black RAV4 XLE AWD
2003 - Suzuki Volusia
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-15-2018, 10:16 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
A lot of your bodyshops do spray in bed liners. They just don't advertise it.

2018 Tunda SR5 w/TRD Package
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-16-2018, 09:28 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Interesting never thought to check bodyshops. Thanks fellas.
post #11 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-17-2018, 04:53 AM
Supporting Vendor

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Hi, P-funk! If you're looking for a reliable bed liner for your Tundra, make sure to look at BedRug - made specifically for your truck, it will give you the look and feel of carpet in an ultra-tough 100% polypropylene and protect your truck while standing up to whatever you can throw at it.

Toyota Tundra

Call Toll Free: 800.505.3274 |
|
|
|
post #12 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-17-2018, 05:32 AM
Premium Member

Thanked 8,082 Times in 4,096 Posts
Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Quoted: 1887 Post(s)
Sounds like an opportunity to open up a linex franchise. I loved that stuff. With UV protection it was perfect for the 3 years I owned the truck.

I had to drive 2 hours to get it and sit in a crappy waiting room for about 4 hours....worth it.

2012 Pearl White 4x4 Sequoia Platinum.

I drink a whiskey drink
I drink a vodka drink
and when I have to pee
I use the kitchen sink
The Following User Says Thank You to Big Shasta For This Useful Post:
Powertechn2 (08-17-2018)
post #13 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-17-2018, 11:47 AM
Premium Member

Thanked 2,035 Times in 1,422 Posts
Mentioned: 66 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1239 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CARiD View Post
Hi, P-funk! If you're looking for a reliable bed liner for your Tundra, make sure to look at BedRug - made specifically for your truck, it will give you the look and feel of carpet in an ultra-tough 100% polypropylene and protect your truck while standing up to whatever you can throw at it.
I had a full bed rug in my 2005.
Nice to be able to be in the bed on my knees with no problem.
Also nice to sit on the tailgate and drinks beers...

My 2014 came with the liner @purplenova described.
So this time I bought the Bedrug mat and tailgate rug.

Learn it, know it, live it.
2014 Tundra Double Cab TSS SR5 5.7
Official Magnetic Grey Club # 305
Texas Tundra Group #183
post #14 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-17-2018, 08:01 PM

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Garage
I installed a factory liner and bed rail kit which I ordered from, and had delivered to my dealer. I have been very happy with it. No issues on my 2011 Double Cab 4x4.
post #15 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-17-2018, 08:25 PM

Thanked 10,690 Times in 5,768 Posts
Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Quoted: 1642 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Shasta View Post
Sounds like an opportunity to open up a linex franchise. I loved that stuff. With UV protection it was perfect for the 3 years I owned the truck.

I had to drive 2 hours to get it and sit in a crappy waiting room for about 4 hours....worth it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by eharri3 View Post
I had drop ins on 2 different trucks, 5 years each. They don't look neat, they can warp, and they cause scratches and surface corrosion in the bed. But there was never any rust through and I'm not gonna trash them as an option if someone uses their truck for real work and doesn't want to cause dents in their bed dropping bricks in or something.

I have Linex on my tundra. 4 years after I got it, most under a bed cover, it looks like new. Still has original gloss, I can drop stuff in and slide stuff around without worries and not constantly be like "OMG DON'T EVER DROP SOMETHING LIKE THAT IN THERE AGAIN, YOU MIGHT CHIP MY BEDLINER!" But that's stuff like furniture, mulch, luggage, TVs for recycling, occasional bulky metal stuff like exercise equipment. I'm not dropping cinder blocks in it day after day, otherwise I'd have probably had to have it patched a few times.

It was applied so well I let the same shop do the bottom 12 inches of my truck all around to fix some paint problems and add chip protection.

I'd say if you don't see any spray in shops near by (although I don't know what 'near by' means for you) that probably means your dealership won't have better options that don't involve sending the truck the same number of hours you would have to drive to get it done. But they would probably charge you more on top of what the shop would.

If you just want something you can drop bricks on and don't care about a mod you will drool over for as long as you own the truck, order the Toyota drop in. Otherwise, consider driving a little bit to have a Linex dealer or a Rhino dealer that does hot/high pressure application do a spray in. They usually need about half a day.

Yea, drop in's are good for dropping stuff in. They absorb a lot.

I also had to drive almost an hour for my Line-X, but well worth it, and lifetime warranty.

I don't understand why so many people want the factory spray in (Not just yota, but Gm, Ford, etc...), when they only carry typically a 1-3 year warranty and are near the same price as a lifetime warrantied spray-in.

I put the Laughter in Slaughter, and the Fun in funeral.
KTM 450xc QUAD, Baldwin head, Ti valves, 8/06 cam, motoworks, goldspeed tires...
Gone/not forgotten: 2010 CM RW that was sweet,
NOW: 2017 Platinum. Tinted, trd duals, Exo Grapplers. Led h-lights and interior, Hard hat tonneau, line-x, Rancho uca/level'd
I like weapons. I dont capitalize, use spell check, or punctuate properly...
and you can call me Power.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum > Tundra Discussion > Tundra Parts, Accessories and Exterior Mods

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in